Can I do Notes like in Bibleworks?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 21
Matthew Friend | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 18 2018 9:59 AM

Hi Folks:

I like how it is possible in Bibleworks to take notes on either each verse, or each chapter without having to create a new file each time (done automatically).

My question is:  with Logos is it possible to have notes set so that I can take notes as I read through say a book in the Bible and have a 'new' note file for each Chapter (or verse) without manually creating them as it was done in BW?

I hope that question makes sense...

Matthew

Posts 21868
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 18 2018 10:15 AM

Matthew Friend:
My question is:  with Logos is it possible to have notes set so that I can take notes as I read through say a book in the Bible and have a 'new' note file for each Chapter (or verse) without manually creating them as it was done in BW?

In the current Notes system notes are explicitly placed into a particular Notes file which we select when creating the note. To set up a new file for a different chapter or verse is a manual step.

In the new Notes system - currently in beta - there is less need to have separate notes files (now called Notebooks).

One of the features of the new Notes system is being able to browse by "facets" - one of which is biblical book as shown below

Selecting the "Genesis" facet results in just showing notes that are linked to Genesis

Would this give you what you want when the new Notes system ships? And I don't know when it will be available as a stable release.

Posts 21
Matthew Friend | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 23 2018 6:45 PM

Thanks for the info Graham.  I've been playing with the new notes system today.   While I wish there was a way to have Logos automatically create a chapter file for each Bible chapter, this will work for me I believe.  Thanks, Matthew

Posts 1083
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 7:16 AM

Ive been asking for some automatic notes handling for a while. Would LOVE to see notes put into predefined notebooks based on presets. I like your idea of notes by Bible book, and also by book type. For example, I'd like to see a notebook (not navigation through facets) for, say, my notes and highlighting for commentaries on John. I know faceted browsing will take care of some of this, but I dont think that will provide the notebooks with pertinent notes and highlighting stored within it. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 1970
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 24 2018 8:53 AM

Myke Harbuck:
I know faceted browsing will take care of some of this, but I dont think that will provide the notebooks with pertinent notes and highlighting stored within it.

With the new system, it's not either/or it's both/and! It's true that currently we still need to manually set the notebook for a given note, but with bulk actions coming as well as the ability to somehow (still unsure on the implementation) set a notebook to be the one receiving new notes, we'll hopefully all be happy!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS