Clicking on Ancient Literature Quotation/Allusion

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29
Michael Faltas | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 20 2018 5:49 AM

When clicking on a quotation/allusion/etc in the Ancient Literature section of the Passage Guide, it does not take you to the exact location of the quotation/allusion. It takes you to the section/homily in the resource where it is quoted. Sometimes this is very far from where the quotation is and it becomes very difficult to actually find it.

I would suggest that clicking on the quotation in the Ancient Literature section of the Passage Guide should take you directly to the actual quotation. And then the user can read before or after the quotation as desired.

Posts 1104
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2018 7:38 AM

That would be really nice.  The other thing I wish it would do is give you the option of going to either the original language or a translation (assuming you have both). 

Posts 1380
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2018 8:18 AM

Hi folks.

Regarding the first question (link location), the links can only be as precise as the source and citation system allow. I understand the desire, but we don't really have a good way to link with more specificity than the reference and citation system support.

On the option of original language or translation, the links in Ancient Literature are by citation system, so if you have an original language edition of the source, you have a few options. First, using resource prioritization, you could prioritize the original language resource. Alternately, once you're at the resource location, you can use right or left arrow keys on your keyboard to cycle different versions of resources that support the same citation scheme.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1104
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2018 9:14 AM

Rick, thanks for the explanation!

Posts 29
Michael Faltas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 20 2018 1:22 PM

I understand the limitation for allusion since there is no citation, but what about quotations? When a father quotes the exact verse that you have done a passage guide search for, would it not be possible to go directly to the location of the quotation? There should be some kind of software marker there, no?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS