Who were the $500 Wish List Winners?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 654
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 25 2018 8:09 AM

Have the 3 winners for the $500 wish list contest been announced? The email said the winners would be announced on July 23 but I didn't see an announcement of who the winners were.

Posts 6571
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 9:08 AM

I got an email a while ago announcing the winner. I can’t remember when.

DAL

Posts 2857
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 9:21 AM

Probably means it wasn't you (or me). Smile

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 17
LogosEmployee
Paul Kirby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 9:37 AM

The announcement is coming soon; we just have to contact the winners first, and sometimes people don't reply quickly (even to such good news).

Posts 6571
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 10:36 AM

Paul Kirby:

The announcement is coming soon; we just have to contact the winners first, and sometimes people don't reply quickly (even to such good news).

It must’ve been a different contest I saw an email for or maybe I dreamed or had a vision of the future OR maybe I was the winner 😁 Nah! I wish these type of contests didn’t take forever to get resolved! It’s been a good while and I had already forgotten all about it.  No wonder people don’t reply quickly, because by the time you pick your winners they don’t even remember the contest. They probably think is a sales rep trying to push a sale on them off of their wishlist! 😂

So here’s a humble suggestion: Have people enter a contest in a set up webpage for the contest (make sure you advertise it plenty and have it show up first on the Logos dot come home page).  Give everyone one or two weeks to enter the contest and then within a week or two pick a winner and announce it on the website and have that individual contact you. Since it all takes place fast, nobody has to be asking months later who won because everybody would be on top of it.  You don’t even have to post people’s name; give everyone who enters a special personal code or number so they’ll know and you know that they’ve won if their code is announced.

The lottery doesn’t contact you if you win, you contact them.  Probably a bad comparison, but it gets the point across and it simplifies things 👍😁👌

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 5153
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 12:49 PM

DAL:
You don’t even have to post people’s name; give everyone who enters a special personal code or number so they’ll know and you know that they’ve won if their code is announced.

Sounds too complicated for everyone all round. Personally I don't think I saw this contest, and generally never bother with FL contests because either I already have in my library the prize or they want me to bug my social media contacts by spreading advertising on the company's behalf so I can get a ticket it the FL lottery.

I'd prefer to see FL differentiate themselves from secular marketing practices rather than following them.

Posts 654
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 1:02 PM

Ethically speaking (and I think legally in some cases) if you call something a "contest" that people can enter you have to announce the winners. It holds the company accountable for actually picking winners and awarding the $500 rather than just using it as a promotion to boost sales. These contests are promotions to boost sales, but you have to pick the winners and give them the $500. The only way all of us know that they've done that is if they announce the winners. It's about accountability and transparency.

But more practically speaking, I just want to know when the winners have been selected so that I can stop checking my email and move on with my life. Smile

Posts 654
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 1:17 PM

doc:

Personally I don't think I saw this contest, and generally never bother with FL contests because either I already have in my library the prize or they want me to bug my social media contacts by spreading advertising on the company's behalf so I can get a ticket it the FL lottery.

FYI this was the email sent on July 6th.

--------------------------------

What are you wishing for?

Have products on your wish list? Want them in your library instead? Good news: we’re giving you the chance to win $500 worth of products from your wish list. Here’s how it works:

• To enter the contest, just add products to your wish list between July 6 and July 20.
  • On July 23, we’ll choose three winners. If you win, you’ll get $500 to spend toward any products on your wish list.

Visit Logos.com now and add products to your wish list. Good luck!

Posts 444
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 3:06 PM

Paul Kirby:

Still standing by for my notification....feel free to call.

Posts 1724
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 25 2018 6:06 PM

I'm certain I didn't win, else it would break the 57-year drought since I won a puppy at the 1961 Alabama State Fair. It was a Beagle and so long ago, I forgot what I named him. Crying

No longer actively posting. Please remind T-Bone to take his meds.

Posts 5153
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 26 2018 12:45 AM

Thanks for explaining what it was about Kiyah.

Kiyah:

doc:

Personally I don't think I saw this contest, and generally never bother with FL contests because either I already have in my library the prize or they want me to bug my social media contacts by spreading advertising on the company's behalf so I can get a ticket it the FL lottery.

Have products on your wish list? Want them in your library instead? Good news: we’re giving you the chance to win $500 worth of products from your wish list. Here’s how it works:

• To enter the contest, just add products to your wish list between July 6 and July 20.
  • On July 23, we’ll choose three winners. If you win, you’ll get $500 to spend toward any products on your wish list.

Posts 1962
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 26 2018 5:10 AM

Kiyah:

Thanks for explaining what was in the email.  I also do not remember the email at all.  I am guessing it was not sent to everyone.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 26 2018 6:36 AM

Robert M. Warren:

I'm certain I didn't win, else it would break the 57-year drought since I won a puppy at the 1961 Alabama State Fair. It was a Beagle and so long ago, I forgot what I named him. Crying

I feel your pain...

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS