Up To 82% Discount

Page 1 of 4 (79 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 78 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 463
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 29 2018 1:38 AM

Bruce Waltke's substantial (16 hour) OT300 Theology of the Old Testament course is close to crossing the Community Pricing line at both $150 and $100 bids price-points. Those figures represent savings of 73% and 82% respectively.

This is a great time to place a bid: you could get a $560 dollar course for a hundred bucks!

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology

One of the things I love most about Old Testament theology is how it opens up our understanding of New Testament theology.

It looks like OT300 is about to go into production at one price point or another, so please take this opportunity to click the link and consider if this product would be of value to you.

Posts 109
David Owh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 4:33 AM

Gordon Jones:

Bruce Waltke's substantial (16 hour) OT300 Theology of the Old Testament course is close to crossing the Community Pricing line at both $150 and $100 bids price-points. Those figures represent savings of 73% and 82% respectively.

This is a great time to place a bid: you could get a $560 dollar course for a hundred bucks!

One of the things I love most about Old Testament theology is how it opens up our understanding of New Testament theology.

It looks like OT300 is about to go into production at one price point or another, so please take this opportunity to click the link and consider if this product would be of value to you.

Bump!👍

Posts 1132
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 5:29 AM

Gordon Jones:

I'm unclear as to how this works when there are two different bid amounts that are each about to cross the line.  Do they stand independently of one another?  I.e., if there weren't any $150 bids, would the $100 bids all by themselves still be enough to be near moving the product into production?  It seems to me it would have to work that way though I don't know that for sure.

If it does work that way--if they truly are independent of one another, would we now be better off if everyone who has a bid in at $150, changed their bid to $100, possibly pushing the product into production based on all the $100 bids alone?

Posts 90
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 6:31 AM

Well, I just changed my bid from 150 to 100.... either way this is a very good opportunity and a more than fair price.

Posts 466
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 6:32 AM

FL, please extend the bid possibilities to the left.  Please add $: 60  70  80  90.

Kindly allow us the possibility of buying this important resource at Double Digit Dollars...or as this morphs into local currencies around the world.

Thank you.

Posts 464
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:03 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

I'm unclear as to how this works when there are two different bid amounts that are each about to cross the line.  Do they stand independently of one another?  I.e., if there weren't any $150 bids, would the $100 bids all by themselves still be enough to be near moving the product into production?  It seems to me it would have to work that way though I don't know that for sure.

If it does work that way--if they truly are independent of one another, would we now be better off if everyone who has a bid in at $150, changed their bid to $100, possibly pushing the product into production based on all the $100 bids alone?

No, the $150 bidders are included in all the lower bids. If someone changes their bid from $150 to $100, the number of $150 bidders goes down by one and the number of $100 bidders stays the same. In order to go into production at $100, a bunch more new $100 bidders are needed.

Posts 2358
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:26 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
Do they stand independently of one another?

A bid for $150 also counts as a bid for every lower price, but a bid for $100 wouldn't be a bid for $150. So $150 is independent of $100, but $100 is not independent of $150.

Rick Ausdahl:
I.e., if there weren't any $150 bids, would the $100 bids all by themselves still be enough to be near moving the product into production?

No. If people who bid $150 removed their bids completely, the percentage for $100 would drop.

Here's an example. Suppose a course unrealistically cost $1500 to get into production. Let's look at 3 scenarios:

• If ten people bid $150, it would be 100% funded at $150 (and 66% funded at $100).
  • If five people bid $150, it would be 50% funded at $150 (and 33% funded at $100).
  • If five people bid $150, and 10 other people bid $100, it would be 50% funded at $150, and 100% funded at $100.

So, we can see that bids for $150 move $150 (and $100) closer to the line, but bids for $100 only move $100 closer to the line.

Rick Ausdahl:
we now be better off if everyone who has a bid in at $150, changed their bid to $100, possibly pushing the product into production based on all the $100 bids alone?

We would be better off because the price would be $100 instead of $150, but worse off for anyone who is in a hurry for it to close, because it requires 3/2 more bids to fund it at $100 than it does to fund it at $150.

If you don't mind waiting a little longer and want it for a lower price, you could lower your bid from $150 to $100. It would drop the $150 percentage (since there is one less bid at $150), but not increase the $100 percentage (since that $150 bid already counted as a $100 bid).

Posts 2358
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:40 AM

Dale E Heath:
a bunch more new $100 bidders are needed

"A bunch more" makes it sound like a lot.

You'd need 50% more new bidders (which isn't necessarily a large number considering how close $150 is to being funded).

I'd rather get 45 new bidders at $100 (to benefit everyone -- lower price, plus a chance for the price to drop even further), rather than 30 new bidders at $150 (keeping it out of reach for some).

Posts 2358
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:45 AM

Rob Lambert:
either way this is a very good opportunity and a more than fair price

Yes

Posts 2287
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:49 AM

PetahChristian:

I'd rather get 45 new bidders at $100 (to benefit everyone -- lower price, plus a chance for the price to drop even further), rather than 30 new bidders at $150 (keeping it out of reach for some).

I bid $100. I hope I get it, but don't mind if I don't.

Posts 2358
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:56 AM

Lee:

PetahChristian:

I bid $100. I hope I get it, but don't mind if I don't.

If anyone is concerned about that, you would have a week once it is "closing soon" to raise any unsuccessful bids (to ensure you get it).

Posts 30
Manuel Maria | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 8:42 AM

One more $100 bid here.... Good luck!

Posts 463
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 9:07 AM

Manuel Maria:

One more $100 bid here.... Good luck!

Yes

Posts 50
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 12:20 PM

Changed my bid to $100 and if it closes at $150 I can still get it. 

Posts 5260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 2:25 PM

Matt Hamrick:

No you can’t!  If you bid $150 and it closes at $100 you’ll still get it, but not if you bid $100 and then it closes at $150.  That‘s because your bid was too low in that case and since you were only willing to pay/bid $100 then you don’t get to buy it at $150 because it’s higher than what you were originally willing to pay.  

In different words, FL is not going to sell you a CP item for a price higher than your bid, but they will sell it to you at a lower price if the item closes at any lower price than the one you were willing to pay.  I hope this makes sense to you so you won’t miss out on this if you really want it. 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1335
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 2:58 PM

DAL:

Matt Hamrick:

No you can’t!  If you bid $150 and it closes at $100 you’ll still get it, but not if you bid $100 and then it closes at $150.  That‘s because your bid was too low in that case and since you were only willing to pay/bid $100 then you don’t get to buy it at $150 because it’s higher than what you were originally willing to pay.  

In different words, FL is not going to sell you a CP item for a price higher than your bid, but they will sell it to you at a lower price if the item closes at any lower price than the one you were willing to pay.  I hope this makes sense to you so you won’t miss out on this if you really want it. 👍😁👌

DAL

I placed to $100 because I will still have chance to get $150. lets say that it reaches 100% at $150, I will still have chance to raise my price until the dead line. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1132
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 3:57 PM

Dale and Petah, thank you for the clarification.

I lowered my bid from $150 to $100 a couple of months ago.  I think I'll leave it there for now and if it closes at $150, I'll consider whether or not to jump in at the higher price.  As always, I'm eager to see the course move into production, but I'd also like to see it as a purchasing option for as many people as reasonably possible.  To that purpose, I'd be content to wait a few more months if it would bring the price down to $100 or less, but if most/all the interested parties have already bid, then I'd just as soon see it cross the line at the projected price of $150 and move into production.

Posts 5260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 5:20 PM

Wild Eagle:

DAL:

Matt Hamrick:

DAL

I placed to $100 because I will still have chance to get $150. lets say that it reaches 100% at $150, I will still have chance to raise my price until the dead line. 

That makes sense, but there’s a slight chance you might miss out on it if you’re not keeping an eye on it.

DAL

Posts 2358
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 5:33 PM

DAL:
That makes sense, but there’s a slight chance you might miss out on it if you’re not keeping an eye on it.

I rely on a weekly reminder on my computer to check CP bids each Thursday night (since "closing soon" closes one week from Friday at noon FL time).

Posts 1132
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 6:19 PM

PetahChristian:

DAL:

I rely on a weekly reminder on my computer to check CP bids each Thursday night (since "closing soon" closes one week from Friday at noon FL time).

I thought that when every CP item crosses the line that Faithlife claims they will send emails to all the people who bid less than the bid amount at which the item crossed into production, giving those people an opportunity to increase their bids.

Page 1 of 4 (79 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS