Up To 82% Discount

Page 2 of 7 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 120 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 17900
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:11 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
...when every CP item crosses the line that Faithlife claims they will send emails to all the people who bid less than the bid amount at which the item crossed into production, giving those people an opportunity to increase their bids.

Thankful for Faithlife email about CP bid being too low, but sometimes email delivery takes some time (so also check web site periodically for community pricing progress)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 7
Jan Pollok | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 6:18 AM

Hi PetahChristian, How do you know on "Thursday night" that biding is "closing soon"? Where to look for that information?

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 8:07 AM

Jan Pollok:

How do you know on "Thursday night" that biding is "closing soon"? Where to look for that information?

The Community Pricing FAQ explains how it works:

"Once enough people have bid on a price to move the graph over the line, you will have one week to make sure your bid is at or above the winning price so you don’t miss out." <- That is the "closing soon" week. It doesn't necessarily happen on Thursday, it happens when the current price reaches 100% (crosses the line).

"Place your new bid before the product status changes to “Under Development” and enters the Pre-Pub program. Status changes occur on Fridays at noon (PST)." <- I check bids on Thursday night (to make sure they are successful), because "closing soon" items enter production one week from Friday.

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 8:57 AM

$100 has definitely made progress in the last day!

Thanks to everyone who has shifted their bid from $150 to $100! It would be great to see this cross the line at $100!

(While $150 still represents a great value, that extra $50 savings is a big deal!)

Posts 514
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 9:10 AM

PetahChristian:

$100 has definitely made progress in the last day! It would be great to see this cross the line at $100!

Yes

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 9:12 AM

Gordon Jones:

PetahChristian:

$100 has definitely made progress in the last day! It would be great to see this cross the line at $100!

Yes

I would like to see this cross the line at 60-80 dollars !

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 3:50 PM

Yes Thankful for the progress. Is this the time for bidders at $150 to adjust their bids to $100?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 4:20 PM

Beloved:

Yes Thankful for the progress. Is this the time for bidders at $150 to adjust their bids to $100?

It probably is! I've just dropped my bid (again) this time from $150 to $100 - I was originally in at $220

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 5:17 PM

I've been watching this for a while but just decided now to jump in at $100. Hopefully this helps a bit and that the price will drop even more.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 201
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 6:18 PM

DAL:

Matt Hamrick:

Changed my bid to $100 and if it closes at $150 I can still get it. 

No you can’t!  If you bid $150 and it closes at $100 you’ll still get it, but not if you bid $100 and then it closes at $150.  That‘s because your bid was too low in that case and since you were only willing to pay/bid $100 then you don’t get to buy it at $150 because it’s higher than what you were originally willing to pay.  

In different words, FL is not going to sell you a CP item for a price higher than your bid, but they will sell it to you at a lower price if the item closes at any lower price than the one you were willing to pay.  I hope this makes sense to you so you won’t miss out on this if you really want it. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Yes I can, been here several times before and Faithlife always emails me with the courtesy my bid will fail and I should up my bid to the current price before the cp offering ends.

Posts 514
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 30 2018 11:58 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I've been watching this for a while but just decided now to jump in at $100. Hopefully this helps a bit and that the price will drop even more.

Yes

Posts 1388
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 6:04 AM

Beloved:

I'm thinking the same thing.  Based on earlier replies I received in this thread about pricing, I understand that a bid for $150 is also a bid for $100, but ...is it not also true that by shifting bids from $150 to $100, we decrease the odds of the bid process closing at $150 and increase the odds of it closing at $100?

I moved my bid from $150 to $100 a couple of months ago so I can't have any additional impact on the bidding, but if I understand the process correctly, it seems like a mass shifting of bids to $100 at this point would help increase the odds of it closing at $100 rather than $150.

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 6:24 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
is it not also true that by shifting bids from $150 to $100, we decrease the odds of the bid process closing at $150 and increase the odds of it closing at $100?

Yes, exactly.

Both bid percentages are incredibly close, and it would probably only take a few people lowering their bid from $150 (or higher), for $100 to become the new current price, even before it crosses the line.

Rick Ausdahl:
if I understand the process correctly, it seems like a mass shifting of bids to $100 at this point would help increase the odds of it closing at $100 rather than $150.

Yes, that's true. There's also a second important factor which hasn't arisen yet.

Once $100 becomes the new current price, FL will likely lower the minimum bid, and people will have the opportunity to bid lower than $100.

The risk is that existing bidders would shift bids from $100, causing the $100 peak to drop below the $150 peak, making $150 the current price again.

We definitely don't want the price to go back up! So, the lower we can make the $150 peak now, the less likely it will become the current price again, once a new minimum opens up.

Posts 514
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 8:46 AM

$100 and $150 bids are neck and neck, and it looks like either could cross the line very soon.

Posts 101
David Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 8:55 AM

Just changed mine to $100 too Smile

Posts 17900
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 9:21 AM

PetahChristian:

Once $100 becomes the new current price, FL will likely lower the minimum bid, and people will have the opportunity to bid lower than $100.

The risk is that existing bidders would shift bids from $100, causing the $100 peak to drop below the $150 peak, making $150 the current price again.

We definitely don't want the price to go back up! So, the lower we can make the $150 peak now, the less likely it will become the current price again, once a new minimum opens up.

Lowering closing price from $ 100 to $ 90 needs an increase of 11.1 % more community bids (could be $ 100 bids since lower amounts are automatically included). Lowering closing price from $ 100 to $ 80 needs 25 % more community bids. Personally would like to see $ 100 peak grow more before FL adds lower bid options. Seem to remember Community Pricing having automatic closing price reduction if enough additional bids are placed after closing (so 11.12 % increase of $ 100 bids results in $ 90 order amount for every bidder).

Lowering closing price from $ 150 to $ 100 needs 50 % more community bids, which has almost happened. Still need more $ 100 bids to lower price for every bidder plus cover all of the estimated cost for Mobile Ed: OT300 Old Testament Theology (16 hour course) creation.

For 16 hour course, a bid of $ 100 is $ 6.25 per hour (while $ 150 is $ 9.375 per hour).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 268
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:47 PM

Two questions:

1) will the final community price remain the same after the community pricing period? Or will the price go up later?

2) does anybody know if these Logos courses are accredited anywhere? Or are these courses self-education only?

Posts 4912
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 8:43 PM

1) Price will go up.

2) Self education only

Michel Pauw:

Two questions:

1) will the final community price remain the same after the community pricing period? Or will the price go up later?

2) does anybody know if these Logos courses are accredited anywhere? Or are these courses self-education only?

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 2:24 AM

Gordon Jones:

This is a great time to place a bid: you could get a $560 dollar course for a hundred bucks!

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology

bump

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 3:00 PM

I see the projected price has dropped to $100 now which should help

Page 2 of 7 (121 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS