Up To 82% Discount

Page 6 of 7 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 120 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 10030
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 3:23 AM

doc:
Moving from $150 to $100 will have no impact on $100 peak as its already included in the $100 peak along with the $90 peak.

Right. Those over $100 moving to $100 will only lower the price points above $100 (which may send the wrong message "it is only worth $100" whereas currently the line shows that it is worth much more for many people, bringing about more clearly that $100 is a steal for such a course).

Those at $90 moving to $100 (or more) will have no impact on the $90 price point either - but it will make sure those people actually get the course, in case it closes at $100.

Bidders who are in at a price lower than $90 should consider moving up to $100 to not been left behind (if they can afford the $100 - which they may reconsider until the shipping date) - and of course new bidder are very welcome, too! Those two groups bidding for $100 will raise the $100 and the $90 points, so for those, bidding at $100 will secure getting it at all, and at the same time increase their chance to get it for $90.      

EDIT, since my post opened a new page: the link is http://www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 4:43 AM

^Yep the only way the price is coming down is if people who bid 70 or 80 move up to 90 or 100. Moving to a lower price won't make any difference apart from if you move lower than $100 you may not get the product. If enough people moved from 70 or 80 to 100 then the price may drop to 90 :-) Whatever, $100 for this is a bargain so if you can afford it it would be worth it :-) 

Posts 17956
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 7:13 AM

Progress on 9 Aug 2018 showed ~3 bars between $ 150 and $ 160

Screen shot today shows ~2 bars between $ 150 and $ 160 so some bids have been shifted down to $ 100

Also noticed more $ 100 and $ 90 bids being placed as $ 90 progress approaches crossing the line (to cover 100 % of estimated production cost) => https://www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:46 AM

This whole thread has felt like either Wall Street, "Buy!", "Sell!"....

Or like counting down days until Christmas...

Are we at an auction?- Kinda feels like it.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 11:48 AM

Michael S.:

This whole thread has felt like either Wall Street, "Buy!", "Sell!"....

Or like counting down days until Christmas...

In a way, yes, but if more people bid on it, it will drive the price down to at least $90 instead of $100. This method for Mobile Ed Courses usually ends up on the benefit for those who bid rather than those who wait to buy it later because chances are this won't ever make it to a $100 again. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:38 PM

Yes

Posts 519
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 12:10 AM

Michael S.:

It would to reasonable to characterise Community Pricing as a kind of auction.

I've found the contributions in this thread to be interesting and the thread's chief purpose, which has been for Logos users to highlight the value of the Mobile Ed course to other Logos users, appears to have been successful.

This thread should become very quiet very soon because we've reached the final CP day. Cool

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 5:58 AM

five hours to go and the little ball is almost above the top line for 100 bids.

Does this mean that the price for everybody may drop to 90????   I have never done this before; but, a lot of these posts seem to say that. 

This is kinda fun!

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 7:02 AM

Rob Lambert:

five hours to go and the little ball is almost above the top line for 100 bids.

Does this mean that the price for everybody may drop to 90????   I have never done this before; but, a lot of these posts seem to say that. 

This is kinda fun!

Yep its nearly at 90. If a few more people increase their bids then it could go for 90 :-) 

I agree it is kinda fun :-) To be honest this resource is worth a lot more than 100 so 100 would be great, 90 even better of course :-) 

Posts 519
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 8:35 AM

Dave Thawley:

this resource is worth a lot more than 100 so 100 would be great, 90 even better of course :-) 

Yes

Posts 1426
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 10:44 AM

16 hours is similar to college semester. Well worth $100. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 4:29 PM

Wild Eagle:

16 hours is similar to college semester. Well worth $100. 

And to think that we could’ve had this a long time ago if some had not been so cheap because they wanted $10 bucks off 😜😂👍😁👌

Posts 519
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 12:42 AM

DAL:

And to think that we could’ve had this a long time ago if some had not been so cheap because they wanted $10 bucks off 😜😂👍😁👌

I know that you're joking about "cheap" people but I'm glad that those who advocated reducing bids from $150 to $100 did so.

OT300 was about to cross the line a few weeks ago at $150, a price that I would have happily paid, yet "cheap" people effectively argued that a significant reduction in price would be achieved in exchange for a delay in going into production. They were right and I've benefitted financially. Thanks, cheap people! Yes

And, boy, didn't the final price come remarkably close to being just $90?! The last graph I saw showed that the product was ~98% funded at $90 and that $90 bids were coming in rapidly. I wouldn't have been surprised if that price-point had crossed the line in a few more days.

What has surprised me is that Logos has barely advertised OT300. Growth of interest has been driven by forum users. I receive two or three emails from the company each day and if only one email, on one day, had drawn customers' attention to OT300, then perhaps instead of joking about the closing price being $100 instead of $90 we might be joking about it being $50 instead of $40 Big Smile

I think that Logos has missed an opportunity to promote Mobile Ed to customers who haven't yet experienced or aren't yet convinced by the value of the format. I don't say this as a rebuke (because I totally love Logos!) but as something for the company to think about when marketing Community Pricing products in future.

To those who bid less than $100, you have my commiserations - don't forget that Dr Bock has written a book on OT Theology which is available in Logos. To you, to successful bidders and to Logos I wish every blessing and happy learning! Big Smile

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 6:27 AM

Gordon Jones:
something for the company to think about when marketing Community Pricing products in future.

Just got an email last night, which marketed OT300.

Although the content was apparently prepared the day before (since it mentions that bidding closes "tomorrow,") the email arrived after bidding had ended!

It's unfortunate that FL didn't market this sooner, to give their email subscribers a chance to bid on it.

Posts 10030
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 7:23 AM

PetahChristian:

Gordon Jones:
something for the company to think about when marketing Community Pricing products in future.

Just got an email last night, which marketed OT300.

This is the same as the blog post  marketing mobile Ed courses on CP - including the error that the projected price would be $170 (which maybe put some people off that might have taken a closer look at "$100 or below")

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 7:47 AM

NB.Mick:
the error that the projected price would be $170 (which maybe put some people off that might have taken a closer look at "$100 or below")

Thanks. It makes me uncomfortable to draw attention to someone's mistake, but it's a valid concern that people might not have bothered to bid.

Posts 519
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 7:54 AM

NB.Mick:

This is the same as the blog post  marketing mobile Ed courses on CP - including the error that the projected price would be $170 (which maybe put some people off that might have taken a closer look at "$100 or below")

That is probably a really, really unfortunate mistake for many $90 bidders.

It makes little difference to me that I paid $100 instead of $90 but, given that Logos' own graph showed OT300 had reached ~98% funding with $90 bids, an awful lot of Logos' customers just missed out. In fact, if Logos' graph (and my mental arithmetic) can be trusted then more $90 bidders lost than $100 bidders won, with the company being the biggest fiscal loser.

A little bit of advertising  would surely have got it across the line at the $90 price-point and made many more customers happy and made Logos a lot more money.

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 9:15 AM

Gordon Jones:
A little bit of advertising  would surely have got it across the line at the $90 price-point and made many more customers happy and made Logos a lot more money.

God willing, we can all do better, next time!

(Some might think that I am more concerned about price, but) I'd prefer to see 2000 people own the course (at $50) rather than 1000 people own the course (at $100).

I don't mind that it didn't close a long time ago. More people were able to successfully bid, and share in the richness of learning more about God and God's Word.

When we think of people who haven't had access to a seminary education (age, expense, different career path), it's remarkable to find such value (joy) in being able to learn so much from FL's Mobile Ed courses.

Grateful for Mobile Ed, and for CP. Thanks, FL!

Posts 10030
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 4:45 PM

Gordon Jones:
In fact, if Logos' graph (and my mental arithmetic) can be trusted then more $90 bidders lost than $100 bidders won, with the company being the biggest fiscal loser.

I don't think it's that bad, due to the fact that all $100 bids are $90 bids as well (which means in my arithmethic that when $100 crosses the line, $90 would be at 90% even if there was no one who actually bid $90. And with the $100 well above the line, it may be only a small number of CP participants who lost out on the course - those probably on purpose in the sense that they decided not to pay $100 for it. Those users not aware of CP and not reading the forum may have lucked out on getting a high-quality course that cheap - but then again, due to the way CP works, the company got the same amount of money pledged at $100 (a little bit more actually) than they would have got had $90 crossed the line.   

Posts 519
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2018 1:06 AM

NB.Mick:

Gordon Jones:
In fact, if Logos' graph (and my mental arithmetic) can be trusted then more $90 bidders lost than $100 bidders won, with the company being the biggest fiscal loser.

I don't think it's that bad, due to the fact that all $100 bids are $90 bids as well (which means in my arithmethic that when $100 crosses the line, $90 would be at 90% even if there was no one who actually bid $90.

I need a Mobile Ed course to explain to me how Mobile Ed pricing works! Thanks for that explanation, Mick! Big Smile Yes

Page 6 of 7 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS