Topic Tag?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Rick Koelz | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 30 2018 10:14 AM

I have a set of documents that were teaching notes for Sunday school classes I’ve taught. I would like to make a Personal Book from these notes. I know how to construct the docx document but I would like to add TOPIC references to each lesson so that a TOPIC GUIDE search would include them in its report. Is there a way to include a reference to a topic (that might not be in the document text)? 

I know there is a way to add TOPICS to s Sermon document but I would prefer to collect these notes in a "book" format instead of sermons.

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 1:24 AM

It can't be done directly because only Faithlife can create topics that are accessible via Topic Guide (and Factbook).

Add topics to your PB as Headwords  e.g. [[@Headword:Sin]], but use topic names that you can find in the Topic Guide. For example:

The Topic Guide provides resources for the topic "Sin". Open one of those resources and use its Parallel Resource button to find other resources with that same topic name. Your PB should be listed under All Parallel Resources if it has that topic. Conversely, your PB can provide access to other resources with that topic via its Parallel Resource button.

I suggest your PB be Type Bible Notes.

If you have several notes on the same topic, place them all under the one Headword.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 21
Rick Koelz | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 11:55 AM

Thanks, Dave. I’ve never used Headword. looks Like he his might be the solution for me. Thanks again, Rick

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 2 2018 3:50 PM

Rick Koelz:
Is there a way to include a reference to a topic (that might not be in the document text)? 

If the topic is internal, e.g. [[@Headword:Sin]] then reference it with something like [[See topic on sin  >> Headword:Sin]] 

If you want to reference a topic in another resource:

[[See topic on Sin >> logosref:English.sin]]     ----> sin in your preferred bible dictionary

[[See topic on sin >> logosres:hcbbldict;hw=sin]]   ----> sin in a specific book. See getting L4 links (where logosres:xxxx is the L4 link address).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS