New Logos.com Homepage Experience

Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 53 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 127
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 1 2018 12:04 AM

Many of you will come to the site and nothing will seem different. For some, you will hit Logos.com and see a brand-new homepage experience. This is purposeful. We wanted to test a new layout for the homepage and gain your feedback on it. This will help make us make it the best experience possible when we roll it out to everyone. If you get the new homepage experience please feel free to share any feedback here.

Posts 5
Anthony Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 12:31 AM

Is there a way to opt-in to this? 

Posts 498
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 12:39 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

Many of you will come to the site and nothing will seem different. For some, you will hit Logos.com and see a brand-new homepage experience. This is purposeful. We wanted to test a new layout for the homepage and gain your feedback on it. This will help make us make it the best experience possible when we roll it out to everyone. If you get the new homepage experience please feel free to share any feedback here.

I didn't get the "revised" homepage first time, but I did second time. I like it!

Posts 127
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 1:37 AM

Anthony Sims:

Is there a way to opt-in to this? 

Not at the moment no.

Posts 49
David Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 1:44 AM

I like it! It gives you an immediate look into content that is available.

Is the plan to personalise it, so that products we already own don't show in the featured sections (e.g. when I look at the best selling section, I see all books I already own)? It would be good to see products I might consider picking up.

Posts 221
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 2:26 AM

Great! I see what I usually browse for on the homepage itself,  such as latest pre- pubs, sale items, etc. Helps me to part with my money. :D

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 130
OMykeO | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 3:56 AM

https://www.logos.com/back-to-school#personal-bible-study

For me, this page says I own everything here.  all buttons are grayed out.  Can I hold to this?? 

Collector’s Edition included!

Ha!

Posts 498
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 4:08 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

Kaleb

I see a Wednesday daily deal, which is different to the Twitter daily deal today. Is this a new initiative and something that will be updated daily and be different to the Twitter deal?

Posts 8107
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 4:50 AM

I really like the new format, especially how you can quickly see what is new on Pre-Pub.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1470
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 5:44 AM

I really like it! It's clean and provides a good snapshot of content/sales/prepub/etc.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 670
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 5:45 AM

I like it, but currently all "Add to Cart" options are grayed out as if I own everything.

Posts 1804
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 7:08 AM

It's a HUGE improvement. Better than the monolithic blob that used to be there. And with all of the deals on their own cards instead of having to flip through them.

Nicely responsive. On mobile and sizing on the desktop. One hiccup on desktop at the smallest breakpoint, the carousels get an empty spot in the lineup.

Doesn't look like the header has changed. 

Likewise the footer appears the same. Noting that all of the social icons and most of the app icons have tooltips, except the first two app icons: Logos & ebooks.

Love the quick lists below for prepubs, top, bestselling, etc. Very handy. But I hate the controls. I don't like the one at a time; prefer page at a time or continuous scroll. And if you don't spread out the clicks they are often ignored when moving through. It's burdensome. Also, I wish they they sat outside the carousel, out of the way, but I realize that that's "normal" on a lot of them. There is also no feedback on hover, no pointer or any indicator.

Nice informative tooltips on some of the terms, like prepub & community pricing. Maybe the prepub one should mention, "often at great savings" or something?

Personally, I like a little more feedback when moving the mouse around. Card animations, eg on the side deals, make the book image grow a bit larger when hovering over the card. And some of the buttons animate on hover and some don't at all which feels a bit off esp when they are in close proximity.

Sorry, nitpicking. It really looks great and it is a massive improvement over the previous page. I love the spread out, everything visible main section, and the lists below of things I might want to buy or keep an eye on right there at my fingertips.

Edit: it does stick out a bit that the two banners in the middle are the only items that break out of the main content area, not that everything should. It wouldn't stick out if it weren't just those two or if the spacing were more random, maybe? Not sure. Just noting that it stands out.

Forum ThemeEnhanced Forum Search

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 355
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 7:50 AM

Much better. The various panels relate to things I may care about. Many items at a glance.

Posts 127
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 9:35 AM

David Couch:

Is the plan to personalise it, so that products we already own don't show in the featured sections (e.g. when I look at the best selling section, I see all books I already own)? It would be good to see products I might consider picking up.

Yes we hope to get to customized homepage experience at some point and this is the step in that direction.

Posts 127
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 9:35 AM

Randy W. Sims:

It's a HUGE improvement. Better than the monolithic blob that used to be there. And with all of the deals on their own cards instead of having to flip through them.

Nicely responsive. On mobile and sizing on the desktop. One hiccup on desktop at the smallest breakpoint, the carousels get an empty spot in the lineup.

Likewise the footer appears the same. Noting that all of the social icons and most of the app icons have tooltips, except the first two app icons: Logos & ebooks.

Love the quick lists below for prepubs, top, bestselling, etc. Very handy. But I hate the controls. I don't like the one at a time; prefer page at a time or continuous scroll. And if you don't spread out the clicks they are often ignored when moving through. It's burdensome. Also, I wish they they sat outside the carousel, out of the way, but I realize that that's "normal" on a lot of them. There is also no feedback on hover, no pointer or any indicator.

Nice informative tooltips on some of the terms, like prepub & community pricing. Maybe the prepub one should mention, "often at great savings" or something?

Personally, I like a little more feedback when moving the mouse around. Card animations, eg on the side deals, make the book image grow a bit larger when hovering over the card. And some of the buttons animate on hover and some don't at all which feels a bit off esp when they are in close proximity.

Sorry, nitpicking. It really looks great and it is a massive improvement over the previous page. I love the spread out, everything visible main section, and the lists below of things I might want to buy or keep an eye on right there at my fingertips.

Edit: it does stick out a bit that the two banners in the middle are the only items that break out of the main content area, not that everything should. It wouldn't stick out if it weren't just those two or if the spacing were more random, maybe? Not sure. Just noting that it stands out.

This is great feedback thanks!

Posts 853
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 9:58 AM

Randy W. Sims:

I very much like that they didn't change the menu at the top or the links in the footer.  That little bit of continuity means that I can still easily find things that I want, even though the rest of the design has changed pretty dramatically.

And I do like the changes - they're very nice.  I'm just especially pleased that they did it in a way that leaves my ability to navigate the site intact.

Posts 7
Adam Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 10:23 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

David Couch:

Yes we hope to get to customized homepage experience at some point and this is the step in that direction.

This is already a big improvement, and customised homepage would be even better. Thanks for working on it! 

Posts 5260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 11:36 AM

Looks nice on my desktop and laptop but on my mobile device (iPhone 6s plus) it looks clunky.

Also, through my iPhone, I'm not able to access my order history (prepubs, community pricing, orders, etc.).  I click on the picture for my profile and it doesn't give me the option to look at my orders, it just takes me straight to my profile.  I guess there's a bug or something, but it won't allow me to see my recent orders that I've purchased.  There's no drop-down menu to go to my orders like in the desktop version.  

I used to click on "request desktop version" from my iPhone and it took me to it, now it just seems to stay in a static mobile page which I don't like either.

So if those things can be fixed, I'm good with the way it looks!

Thanks for trying to improve, it does look better, but missing some functionalities from my mobile device.

DAL

Posts 5260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 11:37 AM

JH:

I like it, but currently all "Add to Cart" options are grayed out as if I own everything.

Ditto!

Posts 5260
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 11:39 AM

Paul Caneparo:

I see a Wednesday daily deal, which is different to the Twitter daily deal today. Is this a new initiative and something that will be updated daily and be different to the Twitter deal?

Yes, that too!

Page 1 of 3 (54 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS