Create a Collection Rule for Newly Added Resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Ed Sponsler | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 4 2018 4:43 PM

I add more books to my Library than I can keep track of. Free books each month, greatly discounted bundles and so on are a great way to grow a library. However, I don't have an easy way to browse recently added books within Logos software. 

I can look at recent orders in my Account, but that isn't the same as having a collection built in the software that I can browse and search like any other collection.

So....

How can I create a dynamic collection of all the newest books and resources added to my library, say, in the last 6 months?

Posts 8970
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 4:57 PM

Ed, welcome to the Forums. 

Faithlife does not tag our books with the date purchased. It does tag them with date updated, and that might be of help. 

I normally sort my Library by Last Updated. That's a column that may not currently be in your Library pane, but if you open it to details view and right click anywhere on the column headings you can add that column. Sort on it and your recent purchases should be near the top.

There is no dynamic way to create a collection based on date purchased for the reason given above. You could tag your books individually or as a group with date purchased data (say JULY18, AUG18, etc). You can then create a collection based on one tag or a series of tags, but that is the closest I know you can get to what you want and involves taking time to tag your books as you purchase them.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6
Ed Sponsler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 5:31 PM

Great Tips! I went to try this right away. Now I can sort my Library by Last Updated, use multiple select to tag books in the info pane by date updated. I use the following format for the date: 20180725 (yyyymmdd).

Now I can create a collection easily by year, month or day with 

tag:2018

to have a collection of all resources "purchased" in 2018 and 

tag:201807 as a collection rule for resources purchased in July 2018

using the same tagging syntax of yyyymmdd

Yahoo. :) 

Posts 23706
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 3:38 PM

Ed Sponsler:

Now I can create a collection easily by year, month or day with 

tag:2018

Whilst that may appear to work, you should use  mytag:2018  for tags you create (i.e. My Tags).

tag:2018 will involve resources that other users tagged under Community Tags.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10288
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 1:26 PM

Note that the Last Updated column will also contain previously purchased resources that FL has recently updated

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS