Hilarious typos, no one report these!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1489
Josh | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 4 2018 9:32 PM

Not only are there two typos in the same sentence here, but both are equally hilarious! I had to share.

Bonus points if anyone can figure out what book this is.

Posts 17708
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 9:55 PM

Search Greed NEAR Lather has a result on page 300.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4529
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 10:56 PM

I really do hope you only got one hit?

Posts 1608
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 12:12 AM

"The Apostles Greed" also occurs in:

• Crosby, Thomas. The History of the English Baptists. Vol. 1. Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2011.
  • Review and Expositor 81 (1984).
Posts 1637
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 12:25 AM

Truly hilarious!🤣

Posts 1489
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 11:35 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Keep Smiling Smile

This only works if you already own the resource. Since this book is not part of any collection or base package, I'm going to assume most people wont see any results. Smile

Posts 9700
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 11:56 AM

Josh:
Since this book is not part of any collection or base package, I'm going to assume most people wont see any results.

Of course I am not like "most people" - but it seems to have been on Daily Deal or something in February 2016, since I bought it for $7 back then.

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 17708
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 12:21 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Search can be expanded:

"Apostle's Greed" OR (Greed NEAR Lather)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 943
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 2:25 PM

I just did a whole library search on the word lather and came across lots of examples that should have been latter, later, father, Father, Luther... Very disappointing to (still) see this many OCR errors in my Logos library.

Posts 1662
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 3:15 PM

This is right up there with  " 'modem' in Puritan works" and "Ford Jesus" OCR-pos.

Win7/10 Android/Fire OS 5

Posts 1489
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 4:32 PM

Ding, ding, ding, we have winners. KS4J and NB.Mick each get one million bonus points redeemable at all places that redeem ambiguous internet points. Stick out tongue

Here is the Logos link to the book: The Parousia: A Critical Inquiry into the New Testament Doctrine of Our Lord’s Second Coming by James Stuart Russell

James Stuart Russell's Wikipedia page has more info on the book if anyone cares to know: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Stuart_Russell

I'm reading it because R.C. Sproul gave it crazy high praise:

"Russell's book has forced me to take the events surrounding the destruction of Jerusalem far more seriously than before, to open my eyes to the radical significance of this event in redemptive history.  It vindicates the apostolic hope and prediction of our Lord's close-at-hand coming in judgment.  My view on these matters remains in transition, as I have spelled out in The Last Days According to JesusBut for me one thing is certain:  I can never read the New Testament again the same way I read it before reading The Parousia.  I hope better scholars than I will continue to analyze and evaluate the content of J. Stuart Russell's important work."

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 7:30 PM

The book Is on the Logos Classics list which Connect / Verbum Now members can pick up for free with the monthly code.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS