help Study course NT 308

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 245
Michael | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 5 2018 7:42 AM

Hi everybody

I started doing the course NT 308 on section called guides and tools

A page is displayed showing {open topic guide to new Testament manuscripts}

I click on this link and it opens the topic guide to new Testament manuscripts. So far so good

I click on continue . The next page says. Congratulations 100% on this session

Now the confusing bit

What was I supposed to do with the topic guide to the new Testament manuscript?

The next stage go straight into Basic search Of manuscripts

it tells me to open a new search search for manuscript

Then click on by title 

I know logos bible software engine and interface gets updated quite frequently, but as anybody at logos ever thought about the effect it has on the courses they are selling

Do the Study courses ever get updated?

How can you follow a course when they are so different in its content and the way the searches and the way the videos are telling you to do certain tasks don't correspond to the Software 

I would really appreciate if somebody at Logos would try out Some of the Courses And try to follow them

They will see the type of problems that are being created

it just Make the software more confusing and more difficult to use

Mick
Posts 8985
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 9:25 AM

Michael:
What was I supposed to do with the topic guide to the new Testament manuscript?

I think the idea was to introduce you to the tool "Topic Guide" - so you should learn that such a guide exists, how to invoke it and then (potentially) to skim through resources listed there that you had not already looked at in the course before - e.g. the guide shows ISBE, TBD and BECA to me in addition to the LBD that was linked from the course (prior to clicking more).

I think what confuses you is just the point that the courses tool opens suggested resources so seamlessly that you think they are an integral part, whereas it doesn't do the same for the guides and tools. If you look into the textbook resource, it pretty much looks similar:  

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2358
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 10:30 AM

NB.Mick:
the courses tool opens suggested resources so seamlessly that you think they are an integral part, whereas it doesn't do the same for the guides and tools

That's an excellent point.

If the guide opened within the Course's content pane, it would certainly become more apparent that we are meant to read the guide material before clicking Continue.

Posts 4600
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 2:21 PM

The guide is meant to be an independent activity that encourages you to engage with your library and find further material on the topic. For instance there maybe questions you had or things you wanted to dig deeper into to find out more. It is your turn to be active rather than just being passive by watching a supplied video and directed readings.

Maybe better instructions required. I don’t use the course tool, I have my own layout but from others comments I can see how the courses tool may make this problematic.

Posts 245
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 5:40 PM

doc:

The guide is meant to be an independent activity that encourages you to engage with your library and find further material on the topic. For instance there maybe questions you had or things you wanted to dig deeper into to find out more. It is your turn to be active rather than just being passive by watching a supplied video and directed readings.

Maybe better instructions required. I don’t use the course tool, I have my own layout but from others comments I can see how the courses tool may make this problematic.

there are so many ways to do things,  I thought I would try out the  course tool 

now it makes sense thank you for your help 

what was making things worse for me is, logos software kept shutting down when doing 

the  library searching,  

Mick
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS