Surface Go and Logos

Page 5 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 91 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 25144
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2021 7:45 AM

When you say a huge library, what sort of size do you mean?

And, assuming you have good Internet access you don’t need to download many resources. 

Please note the mobile apps do not provide all the functionality of the desktop one

Posts 452
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2021 8:46 AM

If the mobile app serves your needs, the iPad Air will work very well.  If you need the desktop app, check out the Surface Go 2.  Don't get the Pentium Gold CPU - too slow for Logos.  Get the M3 CPU.  That version also has 8 GB of RAM and a 128 GB SSD.  It has a microSD card slot for more storage.  There is also a 256 GB SSD Business version, but affordability is important to you and that version costs more.  

You can likely find a slightly used iPad Air or Surface Go 2, with keyboard, on Swappa for less than new.  

Posts 919
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2021 10:08 AM

JoshInRI:

Which iPad air or iPad pro please? 

I have a huge library. Thin and light is best but cost overruled all other concerns. 

Josh, like others have said, using the iPad means using the mobile app, not the full desktop app. If you must have that, then your options for an economical solution are few. The Surface Go that was mentioned with a 256gb SSD is just under $900. An iPad Air 4 with 256gb of storage is $750 before you add a keyboard. If you don't need to download your resources to the iPad, there the base iPad Air 4 with 64gb is $600 before you buy a keyboard.

If you want the cheapest iPad you can get, you can get the base iPad with 128gb of storage for $429 before you add a keyboard.

Go to Apple.com to look at all iPads. You can find them on sale at other retailers from time to time.

Based on our prior discussions, all options except possibly the base iPad may be outside of your range, since you mentioned cost overrules all other concerns.

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2021 9:04 PM

Thank you all. I need the fullest most powerful fastest version of logos still. I am a dummy newbie when it comes to iPad and Mac. I have logos silver 9.x on windows. Will it port over from wibdows or would I be starting from scratch? Not sure an app is enough for me. Thanks for your patience all. 

Posts 25144
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2021 10:02 PM

JoshInRI:
I need the fullest most powerful fastest version of logos still.

Then you need the desktop version - not mobile (so it won't work on an iPad)

JoshInRI:
I have logos silver 9.x on windows. Will it port over from wibdows or would I be starting from scratch?

It would work fine on a MacBook platform (such as the MacBook Air) but not on an iPad (if you want full Logos functionality)

JoshInRI:
What a mess.

I don't understand this comment

Posts 33277
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2021 12:23 AM

JoshInRI:
Will it port over from wibdows or would I be starting from scratch?

You own the same resources and features across all platforms. The question is what functions are implemented on a particular platform? I have not seen a simple chart answering that.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2021 3:33 AM

Thanks. If I own logos on Wimdows but want to switch to a MacBook and it's os? Do I need to rebuy Logos? If yes that would be a deterrent for me. 

Posts 706
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2021 6:44 AM

I own an older iPad (Generation 4). There are a few Logos books that won't load on my iPad. Are there features that I am missing with this iPad? I have looked at the features that I use on my desktop (bible word study etc.) and they appear to load. It does appear though that I am missing some of my note files so I am wondering if I am missing some updates to some of the other features as well. 

Posts 25144
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2021 6:48 AM

JoshInRI:

Thanks. If I own logos on Wimdows but want to switch to a MacBook and it's os? Do I need to rebuy Logos? If yes that would be a deterrent for me. 

No - you can run Logos on both Windows and a MacBook at the same time without any additional cost. Your resources and features are available in both.

Posts 25144
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2021 6:49 AM

Michael Kinch:

I own an older iPad (Generation 4). There are a few Logos books that won't load on my iPad. Are there features that I am missing with this iPad? I have looked at the features that I use on my desktop (bible word study etc.) and they appear to load. It does appear though that I am missing some of my note files so I am wondering if I am missing some updates to some of the other features as well. 

Possibly - it sounds as though you are unable to run the latest version of the iPad app on your iPad. If so, you won’t have access to the ability to edit sermons on the iPad, for example.

Posts 706
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2021 7:37 AM

Graham Criddle:

Possibly - it sounds as though you are unable to run the latest version of the iPad app on your iPad. If so, you won’t have access to the ability to edit sermons on the iPad, for example.

Thanks Graham

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2021 12:05 PM

Gram and Bill are such a treasure to these forums.  God bless them both.

Page 5 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS