Logos 8

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 11
Andrew Lane | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 9 2018 11:21 AM

Ok Logos!  Any word on time frame for Logos8?  Looking at buying a new package, but really want to wait until 8 comes out to do so.

Posts 1470
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 11:43 AM

Well, we know they didnt drop Logos 8 on 8-8-18... Wink

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 5264
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 11:47 AM

John Kight:

Well, we know they didnt drop Logos 8 on 8-8-18... Wink

It’ll be tomorrow with the new Logos X version since tomorrow is the 10th...Logos 8 for August and the additional version X for 10...😂😜👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 17138
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 12:15 PM

Similar thread => Take advantage of 25% sale or wait for 8?

Apologies since humanly not know the Faithlife time frame for 8 (can only speculate).

Anticipating Base Packages to change content with 8 (while not know if those changes will be attractive for me - still dreaming of a Gem superset for one dynamic purchase upgrade).

One idea is purchasing a base package with 25 % discount (knowing purchase can be refunded within 30 days).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13
Mark Groen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 1:12 PM

Aren't they trying a new website design?

I would doubt it would come out anytime before that is 100% ready to go.

Posts 5264
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 1:17 PM

Mark Groen:

The new website is clunky.  It needs fixing because it’s moving stuff around and making some disappear.

DAL

Posts 171
Jon Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 1:20 PM

DAL:

Mark Groen:

The new website is clunky.  It needs fixing because it’s moving stuff around and making some disappear.

DAL

Yes, they are and here's the thread on it: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/171316.aspx

For me, it's not only been clunky, but half the time the regular (old) homepage pops up, and it never fully loads any more. 

Posts 4603
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 10:33 AM

The new notes system is not ready, they want to market Logos 8 around that. Phil Gons has said 8 won’t be released until new notes system is ready. All this silly speculation about it being released because the numbers in a date line up to someone’s pet theory is ridiculous. Unfortunately none of us can answer the OP’s question. If the package on sale. Ow meets your needs and is in your price range don’t wait for Logos 8, wr have no idea when it will come or what will the package configurations look like.

Posts 2359
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 12:08 PM

doc:
Phil Gons has said 8 won’t be released until new notes system is ready.

I don't think he directly came out and said that. I'd certainly like to see a quote, if he was that specific.

Posts 4603
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 7:38 PM

PetahChristian:

doc:
Phil Gons has said 8 won’t be released until new notes system is ready.

I don't think he directly came out and said that. I'd certainly like to see a quote, if he was that specific.

Petah I am refering to the new notes being ready for the desktop application.  He was very clear that a beta notes system missing key features would not be forced up on desktop users without their consent and that the new notes system would be released at the time of Logos 8.

If the new note systems is not ready and it is forced out to desktop users at the launch of Logos 8 still as a beta system then he has misinformed me and it will be another case of FL breaking their Word to customers.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

doc:
it is just not clear what Logos Desktop Notes will look like the morning after Logos 8 is released for Logos Connect members and our software has updated to Logos 8.

I'm sorry it wasn't clearer. Our goal is to make as seamless and smooth of a transition as possible so that everything is exactly as you expect it to be!

doc:
Thank you for bearing with me in my questions.

You're welcome. Glad we got it sorted out together.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Faithlife Connect subscribers and anyone else who upgrades to Logos 8 will be moved to the new Notes tool in Logos 8 desktop and have access to their custom highlight styles both in Logos 8 desktop and on the Logos 8 web app.

From the above statements by Phil it is very clear the new notes system and Logos 8 release go hand in hand.

And there is quite a clear statement of negation here the new notes system will not be forced onto Logos 8 users as a beta with missing features.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

doc:
Are the feature you have sold this software on going to disappear overnight because you are forcing beta software on to users who have not signed up for beta testing just so you can fit in with marketing plans to push Logos 8 out of the door ?

No.

I am not going to debate this with you any further Petah as you do not speak for Phil. I could have added more snippets from the conversation that you are already aware about but it is pretty clear to me what Phil has said, and if wants to back track and re clarify what he is saying then he has the opportunity to do so here.  Logos 8 will be launched to FL Connect members automatically with the new notes system in the desktop software without features missing from the exiting note system and it will not be a beta tool. Those who purchase Logos 8 will naturally get the new notes system also and up until the free version of Logos 8 is released everyone else, they will remain on the existing notes system which will remain a part of Logos 7.

Posts 104
Nick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 8:31 PM

Where would be the appropriate place to request a feature for the forums?  The ability to hide regularly rude customers would make the forum experience much nicer.

Posts 1546
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 10:05 PM

We plan to ship the new note system out of beta with the release of Logos 8.

Posts 1546
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 10:16 PM

Andrew Lane:
Ok Logos!  Any word on time frame for Logos8?  Looking at buying a new package, but really want to wait until 8 comes out to do so.

We don't share dates in advance, but we are committed to taking care of customers who buy a base package near the release of a new version. We'll typically have an extended return window where you can either exchange your package for the new one or get a free feature upgrade at the same level of your highest previous version package. If you fall outside of that window, we've generally given a really deep discount to do a feature upgrade (for the latest two releases that's been 75% off). We've also had a third window with a slightly reduced discount (that's usually been 50% off a feature upgrade).

While I can't tell you the release date or which window you're in, I can tell you that we work really hard to make sure you feel well taken care of and happy with the purchase you made.

Posts 2359
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 10:49 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We plan to ship the new note system out of beta with the release of Logos 8.

I was reluctant to ask what you had previously meant by "with Logos 8."

"The release of" resolves my 8.0/8.x uncertainty. Thanks, Phil!

Posts 20
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 1:33 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Andrew Lane:

We don't share dates in advance, but we are committed to taking care of customers who buy a base package near the release of a new version. We'll typically have an extended return window where you can either exchange your package for the new one or get a free feature upgrade at the same level of your highest previous version package. If you fall outside of that window, we've generally given a really deep discount to do a feature upgrade (for the latest two releases that's been 75% off). We've also had a third window with a slightly reduced discount (that's usually been 50% off a feature upgrade).

While I can't tell you the release date or which window you're in, I can tell you that we work really hard to make sure you feel well taken care of and happy with the purchase you made.

There was a thread talking about the new Notes platform and that it was in a beta phase and that FL was currently in the process of transferring all the current notes onto the new beta platform. FL gave the estimate that it was going to be a 3 week process. This was posted on July 27. I don't know how closely the release date of L8 is going to be following the Notes transfer. I personally think that FL is going to release near the end of August, close to the new school year, but I have no facts to back that up. I just have been watching the buzz build up regarding the new release. 

Posts 24251
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 2:17 AM

Martin Hall:
I don't know how closely the release date of L8 is going to be following the Notes transfer.

Faithlife has promised features in the new Notes which have not yet made it into beta. The note conversion was the initial beta of the conversion process not a completed feature.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 192
Dudley C. Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 10:10 AM

MJ. Smith:

Faithlife has promised features in the new Notes which have not yet made it into beta. The note conversion was the initial beta of the conversion process not a completed feature.

Indeed. I like the new notes tool, bit it looks to me as though it is a ways from "prime time."

Posts 2339
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 6:56 AM

Dudley C. Rose:

MJ. Smith:

Indeed. I like the new notes tool, bit it looks to me as though it is a ways from "prime time."

I'm glad FL seemingly wants to make sure this feature is truly up-and-running before shipping 8.

Beta twice, release once.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS