7.17 stable release delayed for BibleWorks notes import

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 240
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 10 2018 4:31 PM

You might have noticed that we didn't release an update this week on our normal 6-week cycle. Our developers are working on a way for BibleWorks users to import their notes to the new Notes tool, and we've decided to delay shipping 7.17 until that is ready.  

BibleWorks note import is working on 7.17 Beta 4, but it has a known issue with Hebrew text. We are working on fixing that now. Our hope is to ship the Hebrew fix to beta 5 next week, and ship 7.17 to stable for all users on Aug 20.

If you are a BibleWorks user, we would love to have your help testing the import function after we ship beta 5.

Thanks for your patience!

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 2060
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 4:50 PM

This is probably not the forum to ask, but is there a time table on the fix for the Morph Query?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 7727
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 10 2018 10:48 PM

Beloved:
is there a time table on the fix for the Morph Query?

Are you referring to https://community.logos.com/forums/t/142111.aspx or something else?

Posts 2060
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 3:04 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Beloved:
is there a time table on the fix for the Morph Query?

Are you referring to https://community.logos.com/forums/t/142111.aspx or something else?

Yes! Please

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 3456
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 3:55 AM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
we've decided to delay shipping 7.17 until that is ready

Yes

I have no need to import BibleWorks notes, but salute the decision to favour quality over rushed release. 

Posts 934
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 12:12 PM

Francis:

I have no need to import BibleWorks notes, but salute the decision to favour quality over rushed release. 

Me too.

Posts 1899
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 4:33 PM

To me this sounds rather like a smart business decision: Get the BW users on board now, rather than letting them wait for another 6 weeks (during which they might be persuaded to buy a competitor's product).

That'd be a good strategy. More Logos customers is also good for us. (Faster PP and CP for example.)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS