List of Most Used Resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1080
Liam | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 11 2018 7:08 PM

I'm not sure if Logos even tracks the data that this would require. But I would love to see a list of the most used/utilized resources within Logos.

This would differ from 'most purchased resources' in that it would be how frequent a resource is used and then take an average from the entire customer base (either in number of times the resource is opened or in an average hour count for use time). I think this would be very helpful for deciding on the most useful resources!

Anyone with the knowledge out there at Logos know if this would be possible?

And would anyone else be interested in such a thing?

Posts 1160
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 11 2018 10:30 PM

Hi Liam.

If you right-click (I'm on Windows, so map appropriately for Mac) on the column heads in the Library view, one of the options you can display is "Most Used." Select it. Then you should be able to drag it to whatever column position you'd like, and sort by it. Like:

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1856
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 12 2018 1:24 AM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

Hi Liam.

If you right-click (I'm on Windows, so map appropriately for Mac) on the column heads in the Library view, one of the options you can display is "Most Used." Select it. Then you should be able to drag it to whatever column position you'd like, and sort by it. Like:

And you can get a static report by selecting Print/Export to Excel!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 8985
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 12 2018 3:47 AM

I think Liam was not interested in his usage of resources he owns, but wanted to approximate usefulness of resources on Logos.com by an indicator of how often they are actually used (maybe a "community usage" in line with community tags and ratings), thus having an additional criterion for buying stuff: sort products by "active use across the user base" as opposed to "bestselling" which may only mean that many buyers are duped by overpromising marketing language, or that it used to be free at one time, or was/is part of a very widely sold package, or heavily promoted.  

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1080
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 12 2018 5:52 AM

Thanks Rick!

But yes NB has the right idea of what I was asking! Although this data for individual usage probably does mean that Logos has all the information needed to make this possible!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS