Wishlists missing?

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 701
JH | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 13 2018 6:27 PM

Anyone else having trouble seeing their wishlist? I'm getting 404:Not Found.

Posts 4
Chris Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2018 6:37 PM

JH:

Anyone else having trouble seeing their wishlist? I'm getting 404:Not Found.

I am!

Posts 2755
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2018 9:05 PM

Yes, I am. Not sure what's going on. Just went to add a few items and discovered that my wishlist is gone. I'm sure we will get an explanation soon.

Posts 4547
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 2:27 AM

I guess they might have found that some folk are mis-using the 'wishlist' for stuff they covet?

Posts 1667
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 2:59 AM

Mike Binks:
I guess they might have found that some folk are mis-using the 'wishlist' for stuff they covet?

But it's not really coveting; it's just SSA (Software Seekers' Attraction).

Win 10 Android/Fire OS 5

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 7:31 AM

Sorry about that everyone! We are not removing wishlists, we are actually working on adding it to more of our sites! We hit a little snafu and will get it resolved as soon as we can. Thanks for the report, and for your patience. 

And don't worry - the contents of your wishlist have not been affected.

Posts 2755
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 7:40 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Sorry about that everyone! We are not removing wishlists, we are actually working on adding it to more of our sites! We hit a little snafu and will get it resolved as soon as we can. Thanks for the report, and for your patience. 

Thank you, Celeste; I have always thought a wishlist for Vyrso/FL Ebooks would be very beneficial. It is good to know that our wishlist content will not have to be recreated by us. Smile

Posts 8769
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 11:31 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:
We are not removing wishlists, we are actually working on adding it to more of our sites!

That's great news. I hope you get things sorted out quickly.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 165
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 9:29 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

I don't mean this as criticism, but if you look up the etymology of "snafu" it will probably discourage you from using it again.  I'll warn you that although it is now commonly used with innocent intentions, the original meaning was quite crass.

Posts 25956
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 10:41 PM

Nick:
the original meaning was quite crass.

Fortunately, when readings texts we try to avoid the etymological/root fallacy:

One of the most enduring of errors, the root fallacy presupposes that every word actually has a meaning bound up with its shape or its components. In this view, meaning is determined by etymology; that is, by the root or roots of a word.

D. A. Carson, Exegetical Fallacies, 2nd ed. (Carlisle, U.K.; Grand Rapids, MI: Paternoster; Baker Books, 1996), 28.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1370
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 11:19 PM

Seems to work now Geeked 

https://www.logos.com/account/wishlists Geeked

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1
Gary Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 12:08 AM

The contents of my wishlist are intact but I want to add a new product to my wishlist and the products are now lacking that option.

Posts 1370
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 3:21 AM

Gary Boardman:

The contents of my wishlist are intact but I want to add a new product to my wishlist and the products are now lacking that option.

I tested whether it will remove a resource. It works a bit slow, and I pressed "remove" several times and in the end it removed several resources. Tongue Tied

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 6:04 AM

Nick:
if you look up the etymology of "snafu" it will probably discourage you from using it again.

To the contrary... the everyday meaning of the word is quite innocent, despite its historical roots. To point out the later should rather be discouraged. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 165
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 6:47 AM

JT (alabama24):

To the contrary... the everyday meaning of the word is quite innocent, despite its historical roots. To point out the later should rather be discouraged. Wink

This is fair.  However, I wouldn't have said anything had I not experienced a correction from a handful of offended people after using the word in a sermon.  Oops!  The original meaning is not entirely lost, it seems.  Granted, I live near a military base.  That might influence how people are inclined to hear it.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 2:41 PM

Wishlists should be fully functional on Logos.com now, thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you continue to have any issues.

(And thanks for the word-history lesson. Stick out tongue )

Posts 165
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 15 2018 7:34 PM

Celeste Fiorillo:

(And thanks for the word-history lesson. Stick out tongue )

It seems it was perhaps not terribly helpful!  Thank you for your work on wishlists!

Posts 2968
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2018 8:11 AM

Celeste Fiorillo:

Wishlists should be fully functional on Logos.com now, thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you continue to have any issues.

Are the wish lists broken again?

I don't see an "Add to wish list" option on a product page, and when I try to go to my wish list, it brings me to the lost sheep page.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2018 8:55 AM

Thanks for the report, wishlists are functional now.

Posts 1370
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2018 9:58 AM

Should we buy all the books in the wish list soon before it crashes terminally?

I am lookig forward to have more money some day for purchases, or to good deals for the books in the wish list. The good deals come rarely ...

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS