Help searching my library

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Doug and Sue Bell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 14 2018 7:44 AM

In my library I own an up to date set of the Journal of Biblical Counseling (JBC) journals - but I'm not sure how to search them for specific articles - can someone help me with the steps to do this? Thank you.

Posts 21355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 8:12 AM

Hi Doug and Sue - and welcome to the forums.

Doug and Sue Bell:
In my library I own an up to date set of the Journal of Biblical Counseling (JBC) journals - but I'm not sure how to search them for specific articles - can someone help me with the steps to do this?

If you open up a Search window and ensure it is set to a "Basic" search then you can specify that you just want to search these journals by clicking "All Resources", scrolling down and selecting "The Journal of Biblical Counselling" from the dropdown

As you scroll down you will see a number of sections including collections, tags and series - and it is "series" you want

Find "The Journal of Biblical Counseling" here and select it. Any searches you do in this window will now just search those resources.

Then if you want to find any article containing a particular word, simply enter the word in the search box and run the search

But if you want to search for an article talking about a particular topic, click "All Text", open the "Search Fields" section and select "Heading Text". Then run the search again

Then run the search again

Does this give you what you want?

Graham

Posts 3
Doug and Sue Bell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 8:41 AM

Perfect. I was searching for anger and not coming up with any results - clicking "Heading Text" slowed it for me - thank you!

Posts 3
Doug and Sue Bell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 8:42 AM

Solved it for me.

Posts 21355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 14 2018 8:56 AM
Glad to hear!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS