Question for Lutherans

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33781
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 17 2010 5:48 PM

Working from the Lutheran Book of Worship 1978, I have created a daily lectionary to send to Logos. However, for the general four week cycle of psalms, I have been unable to determine where to start:

Does week 1 begin immediately after Epiphany? After the Easter season does one start at week end or start so that one finishes week 4 the day before the start of Advent?

Once I have this information and finish proofreading, this one is go.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3
Carl Gabrielson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 10:11 AM

We Lutherans don't always nail down all the possible details of our rubrics, which creates some ambiguity!

The question of after Easter is easy:  On Pentecost start general week one and the cycle continues to wherever it ends with the beginning of Advent.

The season of Epiphany is more difficult.  I would start general week one on the first Sunday after Epiphany.  But what is used between Epiphany and the first Sunday after Epiphany?  I would suggest the remaining days of week four.  The alternative would be to start with whatever days are left of week one on the day after Epiphany.  The chart in the LBW just doesn't make this clear.  Most of us Lutherans would be happy either way!

I look forward to your completed project.

Posts 33781
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 11:04 AM

Carl N Gabrielson:
e Lutherans don't always nail down all the possible details of our rubrics, which creates some ambiguity!

Thanks for the reply. If you think Lutherans are imprecise, wait till you see the Methodists in 1935. I much prefer the logic of the Catholics who pin down every detail then ignore themWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 22
Peter Jonas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 6:35 AM

I'm really happy to see somebody working on a daily lectionary for Logos!!!!  Thanks.

Posts 3751
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 12:52 PM

PeterJonas:

I'm really happy to see somebody working on a daily lectionary for Logos!!!!  Thanks.

Yes +1

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 33781
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 12:56 AM

PeterJonas:

I also have the US Catholic daily readings from the Missal (not Liturgy of the Hours) in proof-reading now. I'd hoped to be two or three months earlier but there have been a rash of deaths and serious illnesses interrupting the work. But remember, Logos has to format and receive appropriate permission before these show up in your "in box".

Posts 33
Don D. Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 8:59 AM

The Anglican Church of Canada has recently posted its Book of Common Prayer and Book of Alternate Services on the web in pdf format.  The link is http://www.anglican.ca/resources/texts/index.htm 

Both have lectionaries (daily and for Sundays).

Please read the licence agreement before using them. Smile

Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 (x64)

Acer Aspire 5738G laptop

4G RAM

Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

ATI Mobility Raedeon HD 4570

Posts 33781
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 21 2010 1:01 PM

Don D. Thompson:
The Anglican Church of Canada has recently posted its Book of Common Prayer and Book of Alternate Services on the web in pdf format

Thank you.

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 6:16 AM

Thank you so much Martha!

And if you are interested, the Anaphoras or Book of Divine Liturgies and the Book of Common Prayer for the Syrian Orthodox Church can be found online at http://sor.cua.edu/WOrship/index.html

May God Bless your efforts!

---

James W Bennett

http://syriac.tara-lu.com/

Posts 33781
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2010 12:50 PM

James W Bennett:
, the Anaphoras or Book of Divine Liturgies and the Book of Common Prayer for the Syrian Orthodox Church can be found

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS