New Francis Schaeffer Collections

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 886
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 30 2018 11:25 AM

Hi All,

We’ve just posted 9 volumes of Francis Schaeffer books. For a number of reasons, they will be different resources than what was contained in the Complete Works of Francis Schaeffer that we used to sell. Some of the books that are about to be posted are new editions, others are the same as those in the Complete Works. Here’s how they break down:

Three of the nine books are almost identical to the editions we currently have:
* The Great Evangelical Disaster
* Whatever Happened to the Human Race?
* A Christian Manifesto

Four of the nine are new editions or have added content:
* Joshua and the Flow of Biblical History
* No Little People
* Death in the City
* How Should We Then Live?

Two of the nine are resources we’ve never produced before:
* The Letters of Francis A. Schaeffer
* The Finished Work of Christ

In order to avoid charging you twice for the same book, we’ll be selling the resources in four different collections:

1. Three books that are the same editions: https://www.logos.com/product/156623/francis-schaeffer-christians-and-culture-collection

2. Four books that are new editions: https://www.logos.com/product/156624/francis-schaeffer-bible-and-culture-collection

3. Two books that are completely new to the platform: https://www.logos.com/product/156625/francis-schaeffer-letters-and-early-studies-collection

4. All 9 books: https://www.logos.com/product/156626/francis-schaeffer-collected-writings-collection

If you own the Complete Works of Francis Schaeffer resource, do not pre-order the first collection. These three books will be automatically unlocked to your account when the product ships.

If you want the new editions or the new books, you’ll need to place a pre-order for the second and third collections separately.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 22357
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 2:45 PM

Hi Ben

Thanks for this clear statement of what is happening

Graham

Posts 599
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:17 PM

Thank you Ben and Faithlife. These will be great additions to my Schaeffer collection. 

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:22 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

Thank you Ben and Faithlife. These will be great additions to my Schaeffer collection. 

Agreed!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:36 PM

Yes

Posts 336
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:55 PM

Just to confirm, I do own the "Complete Works of Francis Schaeffer resource." Was this downloaded as ONE RESOURCE? I got it as a license transfer.

So if I own this, I must NOT order https://www.logos.com/product/156623/francis-schaeffer-christians-and-culture-collection

Correct?

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 9147
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:12 PM

Glenn Crouch:

Bill Shewmaker:

Agreed!

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9147
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:27 PM

Vincent Chia:
I do own the "Complete Works of Francis Schaeffer resource." Was this downloaded as ONE RESOURCE?

Yes, it was downloaded as one volume.

Vincent Chia:

That is my understanding.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9147
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:34 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Is there any way you to let us know how different these new editions are from the originals?

Posts 336
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2018 6:52 PM

Thank you Bruce!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 13385
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 2:07 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Is there any way you to let us know how different these new editions are from the originals?

I don't think the text has changed. I think it's just that the new editions have an additional foreword.

Posts 9147
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 4:14 AM

Mark Barnes:

Bruce Dunning:

I don't think the text has changed. I think it's just that the new editions have an additional foreword.

If that is the case it hardly seems worth $35 for new "Forwards". Is a new Forward really a new edition?

Posts 28121
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 5:11 AM

Bruce Dunning:
If that is the case it hardly seems worth $35 for new "Forwards". Is a new Forward really a new edition?

It is probably not (worth it)! 

It isn't FL's decision if it is a "new edition," but the publisher's. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 886
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 8:47 AM

Bruce Dunning:

It's somewhat difficult to say (largely new introductions/forwards).

Technically speaking, all of these books are new editions (or different editions than the collected works) as the collected works were compiled and edited by Schaeffer as a whole not long before he died.

However, I looked at the content to see which books had additional/new content. The ones that didn't, I treated the same as the old editions for our purposes (primarily so that I could segment out the resources users shouldn't buy again). If I happened to miss any new content in the three books I'm referring to as the older editions, it won't matter too much because everyone who already owns the Complete Works will automatically get these three.

I hope that makes sense.

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 9147
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 1:40 PM

Technically speaking, all of these books are new editions (or different editions than the collected works) as the collected works were compiled and edited by Schaeffer as a whole not long before he died.

Thanks for the clarification. What you say makes total sense to me and it is what I expected.

Posts 10403
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 2:49 PM

Two of the nine are resources we’ve never produced before:
* The Letters of Francis A. Schaeffer
* The Finished Work of Christ

Thanks for giving dynamic pricing to those who (like me) bought the ebook-edition of "The Finished Work of Christ" from Vyrso when it was available there. I'm glad you're doing the right thing here. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS