Is It Possible?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Rev. Bill Woods | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 1 2018 12:07 PM

I do a lot of in depth Bible teaching.  I would love to use Logos & Proclaim together interactively.  For instance use Proclaim to project my Logos screen, then be able to write on, underline, markup, words, verses, passages, etc.  Is that possible?   I would probably need to use a writing tablet, not a laptop computer, but wondering if there is any kind of setup that would allow me to do that.  And by the way, since I do most of it in the sanctuary,  I would need it to work on WiFi.  Thank you.

Posts 21872
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 1:01 PM

I'm wondering why you want to use Proclaim here - and its not currently possible to do it - instead of looking at options to project your Logos program directly onto a projector?

Posts 9967
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 4:58 PM

Rev. Bill Woods:
project my Logos screen, then be able to write on, underline, markup, words, verses, passages, etc.  Is that possible?  

As Graham said, you'd best project the Logos screen. Regarding writing/markup on screen, there's a feature called Drawing Mode that can help you with that. Invoke it by hitting Fn 8, then you can write/markup with the mouse. You have four colours to choose from (toggled through mouse scroll wheel) and ESC will get you out of it - note that it's a teaching tool, the markup will disappear and not saved unless you do a screen capture. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 2 2018 5:39 AM

If you require more options than four color highlighting, you might look at ClickTricks which is the software that Morris Proctor uses in his Camp Logos classes. You can download a free trial at the website.  However, I believe it is an orphaned project without active support..... on the other hand, it's really versatile, configurable, and useful.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 6:20 AM

Rev. Bill Woods:

I do a lot of in depth Bible teaching.  I would love to use Logos & Proclaim together interactively.  For instance use Proclaim to project my Logos screen, then be able to write on, underline, markup, words, verses, passages, etc.  Is that possible?   I would probably need to use a writing tablet, not a laptop computer, but wondering if there is any kind of setup that would allow me to do that.  And by the way, since I do most of it in the sanctuary,  I would need it to work on WiFi.  Thank you.

Hi Bill

going on from what other people have said , I use chrome cast to cast my desktop onto a big screen for viewing :-) If you wanted to use procalm as well then I guess it would be good to have two video in's in your projector so you can switch between the two easily. The chromecast is really easy to use but you could even extend your desktop in windows using a HDMI cable between the computer and projector if your projector is near your computer :-)  Chromecast has the advantage of being wireless so you can be further away from the projector.  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS