Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24420
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 4 2018 2:36 PM

I've not noticed this icon before. What does it mean? NEVERMIND - it means the resource pointed to is not in my library ... something I didn't expect to see here.

Jessica Parks, ed., Martin Luther: A Guide to His Life and Writings, Faithlife Author Guides (Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2017).

Also from the same source:

• I've seen red and empty time flags before. What does blue mean?
  • Elsewhere a gray person meant deity. What aren't these men blue?

e

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1583
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2018 2:43 PM

I would assume that for whatever reason you do not have "access" to that hyper-linked resource [I get that "lock" when I have not purchased a product].

- hoping that was not too simplistic a  suggestion? 

SteveF

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1759
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2018 2:45 PM

MJ,

I'm not sure what the colors mean, but the locked icon means the resource is locked (i.e. not owned). I'll ask someone from the content team to weigh in on the colors.

Posts 625
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2018 2:58 PM

MJ. Smith:

I've not noticed this icon before. What does it mean?

As SteveF suggests, the lock icon means this is a "smart" link to a resource you don't own. The lock saves you the annoyance of clicking the link only to find out you don't own it (and to encourage you to buy it!).

MJ. Smith:

I've seen red and empty time flags before. What does blue mean?

I don't think we have red time flags: in resources, we have blue & filled flags for a definite timeline event (like a biblical event, or the destruction of the temple in 70 AD), and unfilled flags for dates without a specific event (like "in the first century AD" or even "in 1401"). Example from https://ref.ly/logosres/lxgeocommgosp?ref=Bible.Mt2.23&off=1295:

MJ. Smith:

Elsewhere a gray person meant deity. What aren't these men blue?

Inconsistent icon usage on my part: in Factbook, color denotes gender, but in these resources, the person icons are all gray.

Posts 24420
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 4 2018 3:19 PM

Thanks Philana and Steve

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS