30 C.S. Lewis books for 30% off

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 54
LogosEmployee
Christina de Martínez (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 10 2018 10:19 AM

Hi all, 

Today we’re launching a sale that we’re excited about—and we think you will be, too.  The C.S. Lewis Collection (30 vols.) is on sale for 30% off. The collection includes titles such as Mere Christianity, The Abolition of Man, and The Screwtape Letters. This resource rarely goes on sale. In fact, the last time that we were able to discount it was when it was on Pre-pub in 2015. If you want to add C.S. Lewis’ insights to your Logos studies, it’s the perfect time!  Click here to learn more. Hope you enjoy it!  Christina from marketing 
Posts 996
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 10:33 AM

Nice! Any chance the chornicles of Narnia make it into faithlife ebolks?

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 290
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 1:07 PM

It would be nice if the titles of this collection could be bought separately. Half of them I already have in another digital format and/or on paper.

Luuk

Posts 996
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 1:14 PM

They can’t do that because of the licensing rights 

Posts 1898
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 1:16 PM

DELETED.

It was something different I was looking at.

Forum ThemeEnhanced Forum Search

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 891
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 2:30 PM

Keith Pang:

They can’t do that because of the licensing rights 

For many outside the USA Lewis' works are in the public domain. Let's have a public domain sale on Lewis! Hip hip hurrah?!?

Posts 1875
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 3:32 PM

But they wouldn't be available for sale to people in the US.  Right?

Posts 996
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 4:25 PM

I’m on the fence about buying this...because it’s missing books and the steep price. Anyone think it’s worth having? I too have some of his books in print already 

Posts 936
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 6:57 PM

Frankly, at 30% off it is still overvalued, IMO.  I also feel like I am being held hostage by the collection not being broken up.  I have opted to buy this elsewhere, and have notes old school style.  

Posts 455
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 8:00 PM

Everett Headley:

Frankly, at 30% off it is still overvalued, IMO.  I also feel like I am being held hostage by the collection not being broken up.  I have opted to buy this elsewhere, and have notes old school style.  

And it costs them. When this came out, because of the price and not broken up, I started filling out my paper collection with good used books. I have all but 6 of these now and don't really care to get the last 6. For reading books paper is king anyway.

Posts 541
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 8:33 PM

Sounds like I'm in the minority. I've resisted C.S. Lewis becaise he's not a traditional theologian and I'm not a fan of fantasy books. I don't own any of his titles of any kind, but this collection has been on my wish list for several years. I have heard lots of good things about Lewis over the years, so I'm finally going to bite on this one.

Posts 2643
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 4:57 AM

I know it isn't Logos' fault but I won't buy this until they break this up. This is still too expensive for me and I'm only interested in a few books anyway. Thank you for the offer though

Posts 1540
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 5:05 AM

Way too overvalued at only 30% off. I would not buy this collection only at 50% off; or unless this collection was broken up.

Why is it that everything on LOGOS is only 30% or 35% discounted these days??????

Very rarely do I see a 45% - 50% discount on items at LOGOS.

Posts 2066
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 4:38 PM

Too steep for me and I just want a handful of titles. KInd of surprised that Faithlife couldn't wrangle a way to purchase titles. Sad considering the author and the publisher know how people buy books.Not rocket science. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 28
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 4:57 PM

Have to shop the bundles. There's a 50% sale on library expansions right now which brings some of them to over 90% off on individual items (i.e the Master collection averages ~$2 per title which is a huge discount on the average ~$20 print cost).

I agree though, most of the monthly sales have tended to sit in the 30-40% range. 

Posts 541
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2018 6:37 AM

Josh:

There's a 50% sale on library expansions right now which brings some of them to over 90% off on individual items

Hey Josh, I just cant seem to get excited about any of these bundles... maybe I am too unfamiliar with the volumes included...Im sure down the road I will find the desire to have some of these works, but where I am now, I just see it as paying money I dont really have for items I dont currently need.  What works excite you?

Posts 288
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:20 AM

Everett Headley:

My issue with bundles is a very simple one - disposable income. Often, even at 50% off, I simply do not buy bundles because I do not have space in the budget for the outlay and  I morally object to being charged a fee simply to spread the cost out over several months. 

Not even Apple does that for that (in UK) if one chooses to pay monthly for a handset through the Apple Upgrade program... and they are one of the most immoral money grabbing companies going.

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS