Bug? - Cannot delete or rename custom highlighting palettes

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 10 2018 4:09 PM

I have created some custom highlight palettes.  I can neither rename them nor delete them.  The context menu shows the menu options for delete and rename, but they are greyed out.

Posts 24420
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 5:17 PM

Can you show a screen shot?

The functions are grayed out for the 4 palettes provided by Logos.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 17

Yes, of course. Screenshot is attached. To be clear, I am not trying this with any of the 4 Logos-provided palettes.

Posts 24420
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 7:12 PM

Are you on a Mac? I'm on a PC ... and can't get your results.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26056
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 8:38 PM

There have been some glitches in this area in the past on Mac. Try restarting your computer. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 17
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 10 2018 10:09 PM

It is a Mac. Unfortunately, I’m well beyond restarts. Using desktop Logos on MacOs 10.13.6 (High Sierra) with Logos version 7.17.0.0020.

Posts 4162
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 12:09 AM

Hi Tom,

Seeing as we are on the Beta Channel - I assume that this is also the case with the stable version of the program?

Posts 19760
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 4:07 AM

Tom Vidal:

I have created some custom highlight palettes.  I can neither rename them nor delete them.  The context menu shows the menu options for delete and rename, but they are greyed out.

I see the same thing on Windows

I also see that as a consequence of running the beta version of the Notes Tool - the highlight assignment options have changed from referring to Notes Documents to Notebooks.

Switching back to "preferring" the "old / stable" notes system ("Set Prefer Notes Tool to No") restores the assignment options and enables the ability to delete or rename palettes.

So I think it's something to do with testing the new Notes Tool - hopefully Failthlife will be able to comment further.

But - to delete palettes - temporarily toggle back to using the old notes system with the "Set Prefer Notes Tool to No" command.

Posts 17
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 7:23 AM

Graham - You were right. That worked. I switched the setting, removed and renamed the pesky palettes and then provided my preference, once again, to the notes tool. Thank you kindly! P.S. In case the alliteration was too over the top for a Tuesday morning: I followed your instruction and it worked.

Posts 19760
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 7:39 AM

You're welcome - glad you were able to do what you wanted to do.

Posts 1759
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 10:27 AM

Tom Vidal:

We've got a case open to make this work.

Posts 19760
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 11:12 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Tom Vidal:

We've got a case open to make this work.

Thanks Philana

Posts 17
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2018 11:13 AM

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS