Books.Logos.com

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 230
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 12 2018 11:46 AM

I got this email today and I don't have a clue what it was talking about: "When you purchased Logos 6, you got a free, 2-year subscription to Books.Logos.com". What is this? I didn't know I had a subscription. And I have had Logos 7 since it came out.

Posts 1155
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 11:53 AM

https://books.logos.com - On this website you can search books that have been scanned by FL.

I can't remember the last time I have used this site.

Posts 826
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 5:50 PM

Charlene:

I got this email today and I don't have a clue what it was talking about: "When you purchased Logos 6, you got a free, 2-year subscription to Books.Logos.com". What is this? I didn't know I had a subscription. And I have had Logos 7 since it came out.

Included in Logos 6 base packages was 2-year access to add scanned resources from books.logos.com to your Logos library.

That 2-year access expired on August 22, 2018 (2 years after Logos 6 was last purchasable), though we won't actually remove access until Sept. 19.

Note:

• Books that users already added from books.logos.com are permanently theirs.
  • The thing that expires is the ability to add new books from books.logos.com.
  • Anyone can still view the books on books.logos.com from the site.

Let me know if that helps or if you have further questions.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 230
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 10:59 PM

Thanks, Ben, for your reply. I just wish I knew that I had had this. I hate to think of how many books scanned that I could have downloaded. Even if I had downloaded only one book per month, that is 24 books that I don't have but perhaps could use in my study or teaching.

Posts 26248
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 3:59 AM

Charlene:
I hate to think of how many books scanned that I could have downloaded. Even if I had downloaded only one book per month, that is 24 books that I don't have but perhaps could use in my study or teaching.

You still have access to the books, they are just not in your library... and these aren't eBooks, they are scanned PDF's. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 646
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 5:27 AM

Yes, it would have been nice to know about this 2 years ago instead of now when it's of no use to us.  I guess those of us that went to Logos 7 were just out of luck.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 490
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 6:46 AM

how do we add the books to our library?

Posts 1898
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 6:50 AM

It was on the product pages for L6. It was also announced in the forums: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92636.aspx 

Forum ThemeEnhanced Forum Search

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 12671
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 7:15 AM

Bobby Terhune:

how do we add the books to our library?

If you've got a licence, you get a "Add book to Logos" button on the individual book page. It downloads as a searchable scan (auto OCR, so lots of typos).

Posts 1515
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 7:46 AM

Charlene:

Thanks for posting!! I didn't know about this and today I was able to add several titles from Puritan author John Owens; famous preachers D.L. Moody & C.H. Spurgeon; and Seminary presidents like L.S.Chafer & R.A Torrey.

Posts 2643
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 3:30 PM

I noticed they had some older versions of the treasury of David but they are missing volume 1

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS