Exported search results won't 'send to new document' or 'paste into open document'

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Simon Gillham | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 12 2018 3:49 PM

I am having trouble exporting search results to MS Excel.  I can export simple searches into MS Word, but I need the functionality of 'Analysis' search results and these can only be exported in table form to Excel.  I am able to save an XML file with the search results and then convert that file - but this is a slow and complicated way around.

Running Windows 10 and Office 365 Pro 32 bit version

Zipped log file attached

All help very gratefully received.

Posts 3814
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 5:45 PM

Are you saying that you have the option to export the results to Excel, but it does not work? or Are you saying the option to export to excel is not present?

I did a search on the word grace in the ESV and selected Analysis view. It exports fine to Excel 365 and sends the results in the same format as analysis view. I also tested it in verse view and it exports to Excel in the same format as shown on the Verse view screen. Can you be more specific about the trouble you are having.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 3
Simon Gillham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2018 6:02 PM

Thanks Fredc.  I have the options, but when I click the options nothing happens

Posts 23387
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 1:23 AM

Did you try "Save as... Spreadsheet"; which works for Excel?  "Send to new... Excel" will fail.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3
Simon Gillham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:10 PM

Thanks Dave.  Yes, I can 'save as' an XML file and then open that in Excel.  I end up with a lot of separate files that I then work with and convert to save.  That is OK, but I was just wondering if it is possible to get the more efficient options to work.

Posts 23387
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:51 PM

Simon Gillham:
wondering if it is possible to get the more efficient options to work.

I'm afraid not.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7441
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:

Simon Gillham:
wondering if it is possible to get the more efficient options to work.

I'm afraid not.

If I'm correctly understanding what you want to do, it works fine on my computer.

Logs might help show what's going wrong.

Posts 7441
LogosEmployee

Dave Hooton:
"Send to new... Excel" will fail.

As I just posted, this option works for me; why do you think it "will fail"?

Posts 23387
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 4:19 PM

There have been bug reports about this feature, and it still doesn't work in Excel 2016 (Office 365).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3814
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 11:00 AM

I have not tested this on my Desktop PC, but sending the analysis results to Excel does work on my Macbook running Office 365. I wonder if the fact the OP is running Office 365 32 bit has anything to do with the problem.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS