HELP! Export to Zotero or Librarything or anything really I'm not picky

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 41
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 15 2018 8:21 AM

I know this topic has been covered before but I am struggling to implement. My goal is to have a single database where all of my book titles & authors both digital and print are searchable to keep from duplicating resources and to help in my regular research. 

Since Logos seems to not have any ISBN support which seems to be what almost every online tool uses such as Librarything, Goodreads, etc I have transitioned to trying Zotero, which I am not really sure is what I am after. 

Nevertheless when I attempt the process Logos is shutting down on either of my computers when I try to export the bibliography I have created with all resources.

If anyone could give me some help or point me in a different direction that will accomplish my purposes I would greatly appreciate it. I even contacted Logos Customer Service to ask if they had a list with ISBN #'s for my account, but the representative did not seem to understand what I was asking. 

Please help

Chris

Posts 19769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 8:24 AM

Hi Chris

Chris Funkhouser:
Nevertheless when I attempt the process Logos is shutting down on either of my computers when I try to export the bibliography I have created with all resources.

Roughly how many resources do you have?

Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs in a reply to this thread (using the paperclip icon) after a crash. Details at https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

Graham

Posts 41
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 8:26 AM

I have a bit over 8000 resources. I will work on the logging thing.

Posts 19769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 8:45 AM

Chris Funkhouser:

I have a bit over 8000 resources. I will work on the logging thing.

I've just tried it - with more resources - and it all exported fine.

So it's not a general issue - so logs would be helpful.

And are you running on Windows or Mac?

Graham

Posts 41
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 9:01 AM

Graham Criddle:
Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs in a reply to this thread (using the paperclip icon) after a crash. Details at https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

I am a Mac user. I don't know if I did it right by here is the archived log after most recent crash. I tried attaching the zipped archive log and I am getting an error. Here is a screenshot of the unzipped folder. Should I try attaching individual pieces? 

Posts 19769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 9:05 AM

Chris Funkhouser:
I tried attaching the zipped archive log and I am getting an error. Here is a screenshot of the unzipped folder. Should I try attaching individual pieces? 

Sounds like the zipped folder may be too large.

Please upload just the latest Logos.log file for starters.

Posts 41
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 9:10 AM

Graham Criddle:
Please upload just the latest Logos.log file for starters.

7345.Logos.log

Posts 19769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 9:35 AM

Thanks Chris

I'm afraid this is beyond my ability to diagnose - but what it seems to show is that the Bibliography document was created without any problem but the problem occurred on export (which you probably knew)

The crash isn't in Logos itself but is in the "mono" layer - a layer beneath the Logos software.

Hopefully a Mac user or someone from Faithlife will be able to comment further

Graham 

Posts 972
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 10:39 AM

I too get a crash (I have a bit under 8k resources), so it seems like it's a general bug with the Mac version. 

Posts 972
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 10:45 AM

Chris, which format were you trying to export to? I get a crash when I export my "entire library" bibliography to BibTex but the file does get created. When I export a bibliography with only 50 resources there is no crash and a proportionally smaller file gets created.

Posts 41
Chris Funkhouser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 12:28 AM

Thanks for all of your help. Your diagnosis is correct, evidently it is a glitch in Logos for Mac exporting anything large, that was confirmed by customer service to my email. 

Posts 19769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 12:36 AM

Thanks for letting us know - hopefully this can be resolved.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS