Attn Kyle: Issue with BDB numeric headwords linking to mid-entries?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2428
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 15 2018 9:52 AM

The BDB numeric headword brings me to the middle of an entry for a root that precedes שׁמע.

I tried a few other BDB links from TLOT and they all brought me to a root before the correct entry.

It looks like the BDB headwords are related to the page headwords. They seem bring me to the right page, but not to the right entry on the page. (I assume the .1, .2 are for different roots on the same page.)

Reindex Enhanced Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon didn't resolve this issue.

Thanks!

LLS:46.30.16
2016-02-10T16:08:55Z
BDB.logos4

Posts 23391
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 3:42 PM

PetahChristian:
They seem bring me to the right page, but not to the right entry on the page.

The "pages" are very long, and sometimes require scrolling two display screens to locate the lemma.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2428
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 15 2018 5:37 PM

Dave Hooton:
The "pages" are very long, and sometimes require scrolling two display screens to locate the lemma.

Ah, the BDB number (1033.1, 1033.2) appears to be a column number. It brings us to the correct "column" on page 1033, but we're still left to locate the lemma on that half of the page. Oh well.

I guess I was used to other resources' numbers bringing me directly to the lemma, and didn't realize that the BDB numbers functioned differently.

Thanks, Dave, for the feedback that got me to discover what that index value represented.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS