No resources loading after purchase of Bibleworks Upgrade

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5
Mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 15 2018 6:16 PM

I just purchased the Bibleworks upgrade, and now even resources I had from the free version of Logos have disappeared, and none of the new ones load (PC/desktop version). At least some things seem to be accessible from the Logos phone app. A couple of Windows restarts and Logos reinstallations haven't solved the problem. If this is the start of a beautiful relationship, it's discouragingly ugly here at the get-go. All help appreciated.

Posts 19769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 12:37 AM

Hi Mike - and welcome to the forums

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Is it possible that you used a different account to purchase the Bibleworks upgrade to the one you were using previously with the free version of Logos?

Graham 

Posts 23388
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 1:39 AM

Were you trying to import Bibleworks notes? If so, start Logos whilst holding the CTRL key, login and try again. Then upload the compressed log files folder.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 5
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 1:38 PM

Thanks for the response, Graham. When I log in on the Logos site, however, the "Orders" list shows items from 2012 to present, so that seems not to be the problem.

When I start Logos 7, the little "1" indicator comes on briefly and says "Preparing Library." That disappears about as soon as the Home screen loads, but when I click the "Library" button (or roll my cursor over it), there is absolutely nothing there.

Mike

Posts 5
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 1:39 PM

Thanks, Dave, but the problem is that since my purchase, I have absolutely nothing whatsoever in my library.

Posts 19769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 1:53 PM

What happens if you use the command “update resources” in the command box?

Posts 5
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 4:27 PM

Hi, Graham.

It's possible that would have worked, but since the instructional videos were part of the resources I didn't have access to, and I couldn't find anything like an instruction manual online, I didn't know there was such an option!

I finally uninstalled Logos (for the fourth or fifth time, I'm no longer sure which) then went poking around in the Windows system files until I found a folder for Logos. I manually deleted that and reinstalled (or perhaps re-re-re-re-reinstalled) Logos, and after three hours or so of downloading, my resources finally showed up.

Now the learning curve begins. Are there text instructions anywhere that I can read at my own pace, or is sitting through the glacially-paced videos the only option to get oriented? I see a three-volume manual in the bookstore for $69, but that surely can't be the only text option for getting up to speed, can it? 

Thanks for your efforts to assist!

Mike

Posts 23388
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 8:36 PM

There is the Logos wiki articles; where you can find something on troubleshooting as well as the features of Logos 7, and upgrading.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 19769
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 16 2018 10:31 PM

Hi Mike

Glad you have it working. sorry to hear what ypu had to go though to get them.

One resource worth looking at for information about the software is the “Logos Help” file which you should have in your Library

Posts 5
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 17 2018 3:08 PM

Thanks, guys. Much appreciated.

Mike

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS