Resources in Footnotes not always linked.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 159
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 29 2018 6:40 PM

Sometimes, or even often, when I click a footnote it will bring up a resource that is in my library. When I click it, I get options for bibliographic entry, but it does not open that resource to the location indicated by the footnote. Is this a feature or a bug? 

I thought that if a resource was in my library, footnotes would always link. Maybe I'm missing a setting?

Scott

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2018 8:40 PM

Scott Jacobsen:
I thought that if a resource was in my library, footnotes would always link.

No. That requires manual tagging by FL. For "Logos edition" resources, the goal is to have them all linked, but that isnt always the case... This is especially true when a resource B was added after resource A.  

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 6:15 AM

I have found that the rule is if the resource was produced afterwards, Logos doesn't go back and tag it.  I have found this to happen so many times, I just stopped reporting it.  With this being the biggest selling point of the software, you would think they would scan a book's footnotes and ensure the references are hyperlinked.  

Posts 27014
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 9:14 AM

Everett Headley:
Logos doesn't go back and tag it

No they do... but it may be many, many years. Resources are routinely updated... it just takes awhile to get back to them. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9859
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 9:17 AM

JT (alabama24):

Everett Headley:
Logos doesn't go back and tag it

No they do... but it may be many, many years. Resources are routinely updated... it just takes awhile to get back to them. 

Not being serious, but on the product page, they should show 'Last Updated'. Fair warning.

Posts 159
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 5:23 PM

Thank you, all for the insight. I guess I'm not doing something wrong, anyway. I can find the resources, but tagging is really nice.

Is Faithlife hiring? I could do piecework tagging references!

Posts 520
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 5:38 PM

Denise:
Not being serious, but on the product page, they should show 'Last Updated'. Fair warning.

Agreed!

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS