A new item for the context menu

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 135
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 29 2018 6:42 PM

When I mark a text and intend to add it to a note file, if the file is not already open I have to manually open it. Is there a way to make "open note file" available on the left side of the context menu "Add note to . . .", so that the right note file can be quickly added?

Posts 19846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 12:04 AM

Hi Scott

This has been requested before and would have been useful.

However with a new Notes Tool being developed and currently in beta I don't expect this change to be made to the existing notes system.

In the new Notes System there is no longer a need to place each note in a specific notebook but there are much greater facilities for browsing / grouping / searching for specific notes. At the moment - in the new system - the context menu simply has an "Add a note" option.

"Notes Documents" in the current system are replaced by "Notebooks" in the new one - and all our current Notes Documents will be migrated to Notebooks.

My guess is that Faithlife will want to take some time finding out how users use the new Notes Tool - and particularly how Notebooks are used - before determining whether or not to have the ability to specify particular Notebooks in the context menu.

Graham

Posts 981
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2018 5:51 AM

Graham Criddle:
My guess is that Faithlife will want to take some time finding out how users use the new Notes Tool - and particularly how Notebooks are used - before determining whether or not to have the ability to specify particular Notebooks in the context menu.

Just to clarify that in the new system, if you have an instance of the Notes Tool filtered to a specific Notebook, then the "Add a note" option in the context menu adds the note to that Notebook. As Graham says, the need for Notebooks is much less (non-existent for some users) than in the old system, but for those who do wish/need to use them this functions quite nicely.

Posts 135
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2018 5:20 PM

thanks all!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS