Price Match

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 5 2018 6:33 AM

I know in the long, long past (many years ago) I’ve criticized those who mentioned price matching too often, but this time it would be really nice if Logos could price match. I just got an offer for the Gospel according to the old testament series 18 volumes for $39.98!!!! My third favorite Bible software made me that offer.  I think I’m going to have to accept unless a FL sales rep calls me and tells me he/she can give me a better price than the current sales price right now.   I’m available all day today so please call me  👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 43
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 6:40 AM

That would certainly move me to pick it up. Over $100 puts me on the fence.

Posts 6
Joey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 7:15 AM

hello

would you like tell me that how could you got an offer about  Gospel according to the old testament series 18 volumes for $39.98!?

Joey

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 7:48 AM

Joey:

hello

would you like tell me that how could you got an offer about  Gospel according to the old testament series 18 volumes for $39.98!?

Joey

It’s the competition (WS) that’s offering it to me that way.  Sorry, I cannot post the link (Forum rules).

DAL

Posts 853
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 7:48 AM

Dr

DAL:

I know in the long, long past (many years ago) I’ve criticized those who mentioned price matching too often, but this time it would be really nice if Logos could price match. I just got an offer for the Gospel according to the old testament series 18 volumes for $39.98!!!! My third favorite Bible software made me that offer.  I think I’m going to have to accept unless a FL sales rep calls me and tells me he/she can give me a better price than the current sales price right now.   I’m available all day today so please call me  👍😁👌

DAL

DAL

That's a great price. I can see it elsewhere for $79.95 and my rep would give me a further 30%. How are you getting such a great price?

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 8:26 AM

Paul, my WS sales rep offered me that none advertised price 👍😁👌

Edit:  Well I had to take the same advice that I’ve given others in the past... FL does not do price matching!!!

So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one collection. The price was just too good to pass up 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 853
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 9:14 AM

DAL:

Paul, my WS sales rep offered me that none advertised price 👍😁👌

Edit:  Well I had to take the same advice that I’ve given others in the past... FL does not do price matching!!!

So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one collection. The price was just too good to pass up 👍😁👌

DAL

You must have a better WS rep than me. It's a shame they can do such great deals - in comparison to Faithlife.

Posts 6
Joey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 10:08 AM

ok, 

what is competition (WS)? 

may i have a opportunity to get same price?

Posts 853
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 10:31 AM

Joey:

ok, 

Joey

I'm not totally sure of the etiquette of openly discussing competitors, but it's an abbreviation of one of Faithlife's big competitors - and there are only a few. One thing to note with WS is that a rep will always give you a better price than the web price - whereas I've never placed any orders with Logos that have given me a better price than the web price. You can get a WS rep by simply emailing into their sales office.

Posts 6
Joey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 10:36 AM

ok,  thanks for your reply.

would you like tell me that how can i get the WS  email?

Posts 3077
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 10:37 AM

I don't think mentioning competitors is an issue... it is more of a directing others to competitors. If I'm wrong, please correct and/or delete Admins.  I'm mostly a Logos user but I do have a WordSearch account (they give away a free book every Friday) so my library has been building there.  The other one that I know of is Accordance but I have no experience in.  Owning one bible software is expensive enough Big Smile

Posts 3077
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 10:41 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Joey:

ok, 

Joey

I'm not totally sure of the etiquette of openly discussing competitors, but it's an abbreviation of one of Faithlife's big competitors - and there are only a few. One thing to note with WS is that a rep will always give you a better price than the web price - whereas I've never placed any orders with Logos that have given me a better price than the web price. You can get a WS rep by simply emailing into their sales office.

Sadly this is more true now then in the past.  In the past, I'd always contact a rep to see if I can get a better price and sometimes I would get ~20-30% less.  Recently though, Faithlife changed it so a rep cannot sell you or discount anything unless your order starts at a minimum of a $100 (before the discount I believe).  I buy books when I need them (sometimes impulsively I admit) but now to wait and get to that $100 mark will most definitely slow my purchasing down.  Good for me though as finding time to read all of these books is tough!

Posts 853
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 10:57 AM

Joey:

Just go on the Wordsearch Bible website - given Mattillo has already mentioned their name. I only buy product there or at Olive Tree when it's not available at Faithlife or if the price is significantly cheaper than Faithlife. The Faithlife apps and functionality are far superior to both.

Posts 6
Joey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 10:58 AM

thank you 

i will check it 

Posts 475
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 11:11 AM

I have never received a discount from a rep at Faithlife even though I have spent a good chunk of change on Logos products.  A rep sent me an email a while ago saying he could but when I responded he told me that the web price is the price.  

Posts 3077
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 11:22 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Joey:

Just go on the Wordsearch Bible website - given Mattillo has already mentioned their name. I only buy product there or at Olive Tree when it's not available at Faithlife or if the price is significantly cheaper than Faithlife. The Faithlife apps and functionality are far superior to both.

I agree.  WordSearch for me is just a free book depository.  Most of the books I own there I also own in Logos.  Logos by far is the superior one for me but I have no experience w/ Accordance.  I hear on the forums they have superior images but that is all I know.  My biggest gripe would be all the books Accordance has over Logos.  They don't seem to wait for funding or hide behind PrePub barriers.  They just get the books in there.  That is what I wish for Logos one day.

Posts 3077
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 11:25 AM

Michael Kinch:

I have never received a discount from a rep at Faithlife even though I have spent a good chunk of change on Logos products.  A rep sent me an email a while ago saying he could but when I responded he told me that the web price is the price.  

I can't speak for the rep you were using but there have been numerous times where I get told that the item I want isn't discountable.  Maybe you've just been unlucky with the resources you have been looking at?  I do wish though that reps could reach out to us w/ special deals like DAL got.  That would go a mile for me in customer appreciation.  Heck a free mug or shirt would be great too.  I've only came on since L6 but I've spent a far bit of money thus far.  Maybe this 2% back from connect w/ make a difference in 2019

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 1:39 PM

Matillo, if you spent...say...$1,000 this year; you will get $20 back to use next year (that’s 2% of 1,000). Is not much, but when you count all the free books we get every month and the free book of the month along with the other coupons we get, I think it really compensates a lot.

I wish they did “Flash Sales” (with 50% off or more) more often.  That’s how I got the MacArthur commentaries or else they’d still be on my wishlist.  But anyway, I cannot complain. FL has been good even when it may seem that the grass is greener on other pastures.

DAL

Posts 3077
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 2:13 PM

DAL:

Matillo, if you spent...say...$1,000 this year; you will get $20 back to use next year (that’s 2% of 1,000). Is not much, but when you count all the free books we get every month and the free book of the month along with the other coupons we get, I think it really compensates a lot.

I wish they did “Flash Sales” (with 50% off or more) more often.  That’s how I got the MacArthur commentaries or else they’d still be on my wishlist.  But anyway, I cannot complain. FL has been good even when it may seem that the grass is greener on other pastures.

DAL

Well said DAL!  If I came across that I wasn't happy I'll correct that right now.  I enjoy Logos.  If I didn't, I'd go elsewhere (at least I think I would) Big Smile

Posts 853
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2018 2:20 PM

DAL:

DAL

DAL

You're absolutely right about the coupons and free books. I've bought some very cheap sets at Olive Tree that were at incredible prices. However, apart from those sets, I do tend to repurchase books I have in Olive Tree in Logos when I can afford to. 

I too wish there were more flash sales like the 50% off Best Commentaries sale recently.

As another has said I find the pre-pub process frustrating, although I appreciate they are now taking some books straight to development before a single pre-pub order is placed so that is a step in the right direction. A bigger frustration for me is new volumes in existing commentary series which they only publish when there are enough orders. Hence you're never sure whether you can complete a series within the Logos library or whether you'll need to purchase elsewhere.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS