Posts 71
Thomas Pape | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 7:24 AM

Sunday's Daily Deal = 100 %

Posts 27561
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 1:44 PM

Thomas Pape:

I'm not sure what you mean by this post, but many things like tweets and price changes can be automated. Just because there is a sunday daily deal does not necessarily mean someone was working. 

To answer the original question, I don't know... I don't think so (as a regular practice). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3038
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 2:26 PM

Not too sure about the reply either.

I don't think they work on Sundays and I'm totally good with that. Just wanted to know.

JT (alabama24):

Thomas Pape:

I'm not sure what you mean by this post, but many things like tweets and price changes can be automated. Just because there is a sunday daily deal does not necessarily mean someone was working. 

To answer the original question, I don't know... I don't think so (as a regular practice). 

mm.

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 2:33 PM

It's rare, but I think they have worked on a Sunday once in a blue moon. More common is the extended hours during heavy sales events.

Posts 3038
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 3:05 PM

Once in a blue moon. Nice. Actually it's just nice to have someone closed on a Sunday.

The reason behind my original question was that I was recently thinking of how many stores are now open on Sundays. The almighty buck rules today.

Rangers all tied with 7 minutes to go against the Sudbury Wolves.

mm.

mm.

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 3:36 PM

Milkman:

Once in a blue moon. Nice. Actually it's just nice to have someone closed on a Sunday.

The reason behind my original question was that I was recently thinking of how many stores are now open on Sundays. The almighty buck rules today.

mm.

There was a time when just about every store (including restaurants) was closed on Sunday. Now, just about every major store chain, including restaurants, with the exception of chick-fil-a, is open for business. If it weren't for serving the LORD in the congregation on this day, I would probably forget what day it was. Smile

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 4:48 PM

Milkman:

I won't wade into the Puritan-inspired debate about amusements on Sunday, but I will say I'm glad Nick Saban isn't a Seventh Day Adventist.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 7:49 PM

The Sunday, where Logos 8 has to come out the next morning on Monday... Yes, they do have to work overnight and overtime. :)

Was your question a "set-up" question? Do you know something about L8 release date? C'mon ....tell us! :)

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 7 2018 8:32 PM

I'll bet there were a few working on Sunday, Sept. 30, as Oct. 1 was a Monday and a lot of stuff happens at logos on the first day of the month. I don't think it can all be automated, IMO.

Posts 425
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2018 1:46 AM

Many Christians (often, but not exclusively the Reformed and Presbyterian) point to places like Matthew 12:1-12 and argue that work on a Sunday/Sabbath is permissible if it is either an act of mercy (v3-4) or an act of necessity (v5).

In the case of Logos, that might mean a tech support staff member working on a Sunday to fix an issue that is affecting all users and rendering Logos unusable (an act of mercy). Or perhaps it might mean someone coming in on a Sunday to do some major upgrades on the companies computer software or servers at a time in the week when it likely to have the least impact on the day-to-day running of the company (Act of necessity). 

I'll concede that the examples are not the best, they are supposed to be illustrative, not accurate. However, I hope they show that for many Christians working on Sunday can is acceptable in some circumstances. And that those circumstances can be discerned fairly easily by asking the questions "Is it for the good of someone in desperate need?" "Can it wait until Monday?"

So long as Faithlife staff working on a Sunday is exceptional (as above), I don't mind either way. :-)

Anyone want to do further research might want to try the following search "Acts of necessity" OR "acts of mercy" NEAR Sabbath as a starting point. 

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 6337
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2018 1:52 AM

Same thing is happening for today (Monday) daily deal.

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2018 2:11 AM

I think it would be OK, if they have an ox in the ditch.

Posts 123
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 12:55 PM

Acts 5:29 Says that we ought to obey God rather than man. The question is, Who do we put first. God or money. The fourth commandment is very explicit on this topic. If we believe the other 9 then why not the fourth?

Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 1:57 PM

Gao Lu:

I think it would be OK, if they have an ox in the ditch.

Big Smile but given the direction this thread has gone and pointed at no one and no post in particular but so newbies running across the thread ...

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.
  3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together.
  4. Please do not use our forums to
    • sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
    • promote or link to competitors
    • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
    • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
    • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.
  5. Please search before posting. It’s likely that someone has already asked your question.
  6. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.

Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy discussing and learning about Logos Bible Software.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS