Highlights on Preview Resources

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 487
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 12 2018 12:50 AM

I pre-ordered Michael Heiser's "Angels: What the Bible Really Says about God's Heavenly Host" and was sent an advance preview version.

I enjoyed reading through most of the advance preview and I highlighted copiously. Now that the full-text version of the book has been released, the preview version has disappeared from my library and my highlights have not transferred. Is this a mistake? I had assumed that highlights would remain/transfer in the same way that highlights are not lost when any resource is updated by FaithLife. It would be good to have them back.

Posts 1189
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2018 3:29 AM

Highlights are pinned to a resource, and it is a different resource...so they are probably not transferable.  That said, your notes file for the other resource is probably still on your computer (depending on how you have highlights/notes set up).  Maybe an admin can repoint that notes file to the new resource and they will appear.

Posts 487
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:17 AM

Ward Walker:

Highlights are pinned to a resource, and it is a different resource...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I don't know why these would be considered different resources. Logos is constantly updating its resources, usually needing only to make minor spelling corrections but sometimes adding whole sentences, paragraphs, chapters or images that were overlooked in the conversion process. What is released then is not a new edition but an updated resource.

It is clear now that Logos is treating Heiser's "Angels" and it's preview to be totally different resources. That wasn't clear to me previously.

I understand the marketing value to Logos of providing a preview to potential customers but, for any customer who had already pre-ordered or would subsequently decide to make a purchase, the failure to carry over highlights and notes is disadvantageous to them.

I love Logos very much but in future I will know not to read preview resources but to wait for the full version.

Posts 487
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:21 AM

Ward Walker:

...your notes file for the other resource is probably still on your computer (depending on how you have highlights/notes set up).  Maybe an admin can repoint that notes file to the new resource and they will appear.

BTW thanks for this suggestion. I'll email Logos to ask about this. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS