LOGOS Synchronization

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 129
Donald McNeeley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:40 PM

I seem to be having an issue synchronizing LOGOS.  Every time it tries to sync I get an error. "An error occurred during synchronization, click to try again." I know I have good Internet connectivity as I just downloaded various resources into LOGOS, plus over I receive about 100 emails every day. Internet site respond rapidly as well.  AM I doing something or have I set up something that is preventing the synchronization? Help.

Posts 3821
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:46 PM

Please provide logs so that we can try to identify what is causing the error. It is likely that you are not doing anything wrong, but it is possible that a specific document or resources is creating the problem.

You can get information about Diagnostic Logging using the link in my signature line.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 166
Pieter J Kotze | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 10:51 AM

Donald McNeeley:
"An error occurred during synchronization, click to try again."

I do experience the same error message for almost a year now. In my case it is related to a document that is on the server but not on my dekstop. Somehow it did not delete when I deleted it from Logos on my dekstop. I can't delete that document from "My Documents" on the sever as it gives an error when I try. Although I get the error it seems as if all my other documents does synchronize. Maybe this could be an issue?

Posts 129
Donald McNeeley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 12:03 PM

Interesting … how did you determine that a document not in your LOGOS was on the server?

Posts 3821
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 1:04 PM

Most of the time your logs will point to a specific document that is causing the error; if indeed a document is causing the error you are experiencing.

Diagnostic Logging

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 3821
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 1:06 PM

Pieter J Kotze:

Donald McNeeley:
"An error occurred during synchronization, click to try again."

I do experience the same error message for almost a year now. In my case it is related to a document that is on the server but not on my desktop. Somehow it did not delete when I deleted it from Logos on my dekstop. I can't delete that document from "My Documents" on the sever as it gives an error when I try. Although I get the error it seems as if all my other documents does synchronize. Maybe this could be an issue?

If you have a document in https://documents.logos.com that cannot be deleted, contact FL support and they can probably help you.

Diagnostic Logging

Posts 166
Pieter J Kotze | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 4:08 AM

Donald McNeeley:

… how did you determine that a document not in your LOGOS was on the server?

I deleted all my documents from the sever and then discovered this one document that was not in my desktop app. I did ask FL to help me, but they didn't seem to understand that I want them to delete the document because I can't to it.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS