Pericope

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 49
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:09 AM

We used to have Pericope divisions as an option. I think? Are they only available in certain translations? 

I read ESV through.... But sometimes the daily portion is much longer than other days, which are very short.

I think dividing it up by Pericoby would even that out.

Can I get that back?

Posts 49
Robert Kostenbauder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 10:42 AM

Hi Rick,

if you go to the visual filter (three dots in a triangle shape at the top of the header) and go to Bible text in the drop down menu you will see "non-Bible text" as a choice. click on it and you should get your periscopes back.

Blessings Bob

Posts 704
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 10:51 AM

While reading the ESV, go to the line which has the Biblical reference and go over to the icon with three dots.  That is for the control of visual filters.  Select the visual filters icon and see if "Bible text only" is checked.  If you uncheck it, the the pericopes should show up in the text.  If you want to leave "Bible text only" checked, then you can select "Non-Bible text", underneath, and that will also turn on pericopes.

Otherwise, I doubt that the display of the pericopes has any bearing on the length of readings unless you are making the divisions manually.

Posts 49
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2018 12:22 PM

Thanks guys. Help here is always a blessing!!!

Posts 121
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2018 12:30 PM

KJV (1900) has no Pericopes. I wish it did.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS