Home Page

Page 6 of 9 (165 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 164 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 3:15 PM

Mark Barnes:

Graham Owen:
So it sounds like no grand plan was outlined during the Beta.

Despite what Doc seems to think, beta testers aren't "yes men". We were very enthusiastic about some changes, and very unenthusiastic about others. This particular issue of Reading Plan layouts is one that was raised by several beta testers, and some felt very strongly that the old method was better.

Not all our comments were responded to (we made thousands, FL couldn't respond to them all), and I'm afraid I can't find a FL response to the comments made during beta about Reading Plan layouts.

Been there Mark and know how much hard work it is.

Thanks

Posts 14
Pastor Keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:29 PM

Hi Kyle, how do I delete the cards on the explore part of the home page?

Posts 576
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:58 PM

58NAPCO:

Hi Kyle, how do I delete the cards on the explore part of the home page?

This is coming soon. We are actively working on this issue.

Posts 1103
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:05 PM

I mostly like the redesign and think the home page will be nice once it goes through a few cycles and user suggestions are incorporated. However, the Reading Plan cards are a step backwards in that they don't have all the functionality that they did when they were part of the left-hand menu.

I just finished a plan. I don't use custom plans, so when I finish the body of a work, usually a day or two of bibliography pages etc. are left to check off before the plan is completed. There's no easy way to do this from the home screen like there was in prior versions of Logos, at least as far as I can see. I had to open the Plan document in order to do it. The same problem is there, I assume, if I read ahead and miss clicking on a reading completed bar.

Also, usually I delete a plan after I finish it. In the former setup, this was very easy to do setup at the same as removing it from the lefthand menu. In 8, I had again to go into the documents menu to do it. I also had to refresh the home page before it was removed from the dashboard.

I'm sure this will become more intuitive as I get accustomed to the new UI, but it would be good if the Reading Plan cards were given more functions than they have at present.

Posts 14
Pastor Keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:08 PM

Thanks for the reply.

Posts 754
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 11:29 AM

Kevin Olson:

<snip />

I especially liked the excerpts of resources in my library.  It was kind of like multiple serendipitous discovery, which was alway interesting.  I have rediscovered great resources from my library through that means. 

<snip />

Not the same, but if you like this kind of discovery, you can enter FSD in the command bar for a fun "easter egg".

The idea of facilitating serendipitous discovery has a long history at Faithlife: see Eli Evan's blog post from 12 years ago (!). I still have a t-shirt somewhere with that slogan.

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

You can also limit the FSD command to a specific collection, such as: "fsd in All Journals" (assuming you have a collection titled "All Journals").

Posts 408
Ken Shawver | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 11:38 AM

I saved a shortcut a long time ago to facilitate a serendipitous discovery. Glad to still have it to my shortcut bar. Frequently found books I hadn't used or forgotten about.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6 True Life LCD; Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 8GB RAM, Win 10, Chrome 70

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 987
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 11:46 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

You can also limit the FSD command to a specific collection, such as: "fsd in All Journals" (assuming you have a collection titled "All Journals").

Did not know that! Thanks for the tip Andrew!

Posts 11
Thomas Winter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 12:33 PM

Thank you for this suggestion.

I also have some devotional resources like:

Johnson, Marshall D., ed. Day by Day We Magnify You: Daily Readings for the Entire Year. Revised Edition. Minneapolis: Augsburg Books, 2008. 

which also use the liturgical calendar.  It would be nice to have this and other devotional resources I use to be recognized for what they are.  I understand that some sort of liturgical calendar converter will be required, especially with differing calendars in East and West.  I follow the older one-year lectionary for Lutherans, so I recognize that I am really in a small minority here, but I would settle for the western common calendar at least. 

Posts 6
jedi008 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 12:37 PM

Where can I see what resources were updated?  In 7, it was on the Home screen, but I cannot seem to find that.

Posts 11
Thomas Winter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 12:42 PM

I came to the forum for the same issue. I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it.

Posts 754
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 1:09 PM

Thomas Winter:

I came to the forum for the same issue. I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it.

You can see what resources were updated in the Library filter: see https://community.logos.com/forums/p/174400/1007704.aspx#1007704 for an example.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 1:12 PM

jedi008:
Where can I see what resources were updated?

In the library open the sidebar and scroll down to the last two facets.

Posts 3013
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 1:40 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

I did not know this, that's awesome.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2082
LogosEmployee

David Taylor Jr:
I did not know this, that's awesome.

I've created a collection with just my favorite Bible, so I can sometimes use this to read a random verse. I also like reading random journal articles. I can imagine some other fun uses...

Posts 11
Richard Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 2:34 PM

Can you edit the Explore section of the  Home Page? And if not, why not?

Posts 21917
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 2:36 PM

Richard Bush:

Can you edit the Explore section of the  Home Page? And if not, why not?

Not yet - it is something that is being worked on. I think the plan this is introduced in 8.1

Posts 3185
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 3:10 PM

For the life of me, I do not understand why you are still telling everyone that user control of the "explorer" section is coming SOON- 6 weeks is not soon- its a life time to look at all the nonsense.

Posts 26511
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 11:25 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:
For the life of me, I do not understand why you are still telling everyone that user control of the "explorer" section is coming SOON- 6 weeks is not soon- its a life time to look at all the nonsense.

I guess it depends on your age ... 6 weeks is very soon when you're my age ... 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 6 of 9 (165 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS