Page 1 of 4 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 62 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 10
LogosEmployee
Kyle Biersdorff (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 28 2018 11:10 PM

Notes got a major overhaul In Logos 8.

They are now managed in a separate tool that allows you to better record, organize, and share your thoughts on any biblical text or resource. You can create multiple Notebooks to organize your notes however you like, and advanced filters let you find a specific note more easily. 

You can learn all about about the new Notes tool through the links below. 

Feel free to use this forum thread to post questions and feedback.

Posts 4
Benjamin Hefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:08 AM

Hi, is there a way to see multiple notes at once? It seems like it is a view notes one at a time kind of system now, but maybe I'm missing something? Just curious because if I was studying a particular passage it was nice to break it up with multiple notes but see them all at the same time. 

Thanks

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:20 AM

Benjamin Hefner:
Hi, is there a way to see multiple notes at once? It seems like it is a view notes one at a time kind of system now, but maybe I'm missing something?

Currently we can see extracts of notes in the browse panel but only the full content of one note at a time.

Posts 4
Benjamin Hefner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:29 AM

Thanks Graham. The changes to Notes look really good by the way. The organization features are great! One more question - can you put images or media into a note? 

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:33 AM

Benjamin Hefner:
One more question - can you put images or media into a note? 

Not at the moment.

I think I have seen someone from Faithlife mention they would like to add this but I don't know when / if that might happen.

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:35 AM

Graham Criddle:
I think I have seen someone from Faithlife mention they would like to add this but I don't know when / if that might happen.

You're right Graham. This is something that has been suggested, and may be seen in some future release.

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:49 AM

How do I get all of my notes to show up in my Bible. In L7 There were visible. Now with 8 they are all hidden and I have to go and lick each one to make it visible. Very time consuming.

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:50 AM

can you chain link documents... ie: link from a note to a note or to a canvas? 

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 368
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:11 AM

James C.:

How do I get all of my notes to show up in my Bible. In L7 There were visible. Now with 8 they are all hidden and I have to go and lick each one to make it visible. Very time consuming.

James, 

I'm sorry about that. Those visual filters should be defaulted to "on" (visible) for all your notebooks. We're looking into it. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 150
LogosEmployee
Todd White (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:18 AM

Benjamin Hefner:

Hi, is there a way to see multiple notes at once? It seems like it is a view notes one at a time kind of system now, but maybe I'm missing something? Just curious because if I was studying a particular passage it was nice to break it up with multiple notes but see them all at the same time. 

Thanks

You should be able to open multiple instances of the notes panel by right clicking on the icon in the tools menu and choosing "open in a new tab". You can also duplicate the notes tool with ctrl+shift+n.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee

James C.:
Now with 8 they are all hidden and I have to go and lick each one to make it visible.

James, I'm sorry to hear your notes defaulted to off. I think they're supposed to be visible by default; I'll look into whether we have a bug there.

Meanwhile, there are some somewhat hidden options that should help you manage the visibility much more quickly. If you hover over the "Notes and Highlights" entry in the Visual Filters menu, you'll see a little circle with an arrow:

The "Select all" option will turn on all of the filters for this resource.

Additionally, on an individual filter's row (like "Another palette", in the above screenshot), there's another menu that will let you turn the filter off (or on) in all your resources (instead of just the current one):

Hope this helps!

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:05 AM

Here is a video of my problem 

watch?v=RX25kmQwFlU&feature=youtu.be

Posts 86
William Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:27 AM

Most of my highlights are missing in my bibles.  Is this due to the notes upgrade?

How can I get them back?

Posts 3056
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:34 AM

William Walker:

Most of my highlights are missing in my bibles.  Is this due to the notes upgrade?

How can I get them back?

Hey William, are your notes and highlights turned on in the visual filter menu?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 216
LogosEmployee
Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:36 AM

William, is your app still syncing (indicated by the rotating arrows in the upper right)? When moving to L8, we do have to re-sync your notes content down because of various significant internal format changes. This operation can take a while if you have a lot of existing notes.

Posts 3056
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:37 AM

Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife):

William, is your app still syncing (indicated by the rotating arrows in the upper right)? When moving to L8, we do have to re-sync your notes content down because of various significant internal format changes. This operation can take a while if you have a lot of existing notes.

That's good to know!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 579
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:41 AM

James C.:

watch?v=RX25kmQwFlU&feature=youtu.be

James, thank you, your video was very helpful. We will take a look.

Posts 216
LogosEmployee
Jacob Carpenter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:42 AM

James C.:

James your video was helpful for understanding the issue you're reporting. Your ESV Text Changes notebook is certainly supposed to be appearing in the visual filter's list of notebooks.

Could you please also post a log file from an application session where you opened the visual filter menu and added or removed a note from the ESV Text Changes notebook?

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:48 AM

Sure, how do i do that?

Posts 2668
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:53 AM

James C.:

Sure, how do i do that?

Hi James,

Here are instructions on how to get logs. 

https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Page 1 of 4 (63 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS