Which package (v8) excites you most?

Page 4 of 7 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 125 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 11:21 PM

I went from Portfolio + 2 BPs then returned them. Then went straight to Ultimate.

Cheaper that way I guess. 

Posts 273
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 2:01 AM

MJ. Smith:
found the L8 package to be one of the more exciting in all my years with Logos/Verbum/Faithlife.

Would you mind expanding on this, MJ? Which package(s) did you end up choosing that you liked so much? And which resources caught your fancy in particular?

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 2:02 AM

I got Standard and Reformed Portfolio...great packages

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 26277
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 2:28 AM

Greg F:
Would you mind expanding on this, MJ?

I ended up at Portfolio/Diamond level in Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican and Lutheran traditions - which is not as much as it sounds like because there is a tremendous amount of overlap. I was very excited to be able to pick up the Aramaic Bible which was outside my price range as a stand alone product. I was also excited about the NETS translation of the Septuagint, the Ancient Christian Texts & Doctrines series, the Samaritan Pentateuch (another that I wouldn't be able to justify on its own), the start of Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graeca, the Orthodox Biblical interpretation volumes, I'm fond of the Sheffield Academic Press and the JSOTS monographs and the Popular Patristics Series ... you can see why I'm a very happy camper. I would have loved to pick up more liturgical materials but ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:14 AM

MJ. Smith:
I ended up at Portfolio/Diamond level in Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican and Lutheran traditions

I guess asking why you didn't get any Reformed or Baptist products would be like you asking me why I did not get any Catholic or Orthodox products...

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:15 AM

I think I have decided Reformed Platinum and Lutheran Silver is what I like... but not sure if I can make the $$ work.

Posts 128
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 8:32 AM

MJ. Smith:

I ended up at Portfolio/Diamond level in Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican and Lutheran traditions...

This is exactly which libraries I would love to have! I'm going to have to start much more humbly, though.  I'm going to go for Orthodox Gold, I think.

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:39 AM

Michael S.:

I think I have decided Reformed Platinum and Lutheran Silver is what I like... but not sure if I can make the $$ work.

Sadly, I think I will need to back down to Reformed Gold instead of Platinum...Sad

Posts 2691
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:42 AM

Mark Smith:
Ted you got a lot! Ultimate is packed with good stuff. Congratulations.

Thanks Mark.

There were books i had on my wish list, some heavy ticket items which were offered in the new base package. So i am glad i waited this time around rather than buy at the PrePub price.

Kind regards

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:49 AM

Ted Hans:
There were books i had on my wish list, some heavy ticket items which were offered in the new base package. So i am glad i waited this time around rather than buy at the PrePub price.

The packages this time around are really generous and, yes, you were wise to wait.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 44
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:57 AM

Well the rep wasn't able to butter me up to Ultimate, but I ended up with Reformed Portfolio, Standard Portfolio, Baptist Gold, and Lutheran Silver.

I think the Reformed Portfolio is still the top package in L8 in terms of resources/price. The Works of Jonathan Edwards alone is amazing.

Posts 9079
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:56 PM

Josh, looks like you are a happy customer.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26277
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:16 PM

Michael S.:

I guess asking why you didn't get any Reformed or Baptist products would be like you asking me why I did not get any Catholic or Orthodox products...

Let's put it this way, I can appreciate Luther, Hus, Mennon ... (part of my heritage is Mennonite) but I can't stand to read Calvin. :-)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:18 PM

This is so much better than the discussions we were having when LN was canceled. Ick!

Posts 67
Bryce Hufford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:44 PM

I was really pleased with what I got.  I got Standard Silver and Anglican Silver (coming from L7 Silver).   Just in commentaries that were new to me I got: Cornerstone Biblical Commentaries, Bible Speaks Today OT & NT, Holman NT Commentary, NT for Everyone, Biblical Illustrator NT, and IVP NT Commentary Set.  In total got 282 new resources at less than $1 per book!  Plus I get a free course that would have cost more than my entire upgrade.

Now I am looking carefully at all of the Starter and Bronze packages for even more outstanding deals.  

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:53 PM

Bryce Hufford:

I was really pleased with what I got.  I got Standard Silver and Anglican Silver (coming from L7 Silver).   Just in commentaries that were new to me I got: Cornerstone Biblical Commentaries, Bible Speaks Today OT & NT, Holman NT Commentary, NT for Everyone, Biblical Illustrator NT, and IVP NT Commentary Set.  In total got 282 new resources at less than $1 per book!  Plus I get a free course that would have cost more than my entire upgrade.

Now I am looking carefully at all of the Starter and Bronze packages for even more outstanding deals.  

Nice 👍🏼 

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:56 PM

Josh:

I think the Reformed Portfolio is still the top package in L8 in terms of resources/price. The Works of Jonathan Edwards alone is amazing.

I agree I got Reformed Portfolio along with Standard Portfolio. So many good things like Edwards, Reformed Expository Commentaries, Gospel according to the Old Testament series, etc. 

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:59 PM

Sean:

As one interested in the lower level packages, Anglican Silver is looking the best right now. In L6 I went for Reformed & Verbum, L7 Methodist, so this looks like the best to round out my library mix.

lol, I once had L4 Portfolio, but have steadily decreased my level of purchase, due to economics.  Although the last time around I think I sprung for the (now defunct) Chaplain set, Standard Gold and a smattering of other traditions at lower levels.  

This time around, to keep within about a $200-300 range I have kind of narrowed it down to Anglican Silver or Orthodox Bronze, maybe Orthodox Silver.  I am especially interesting in expanding my church fathers resources.  I get a little of that with Anglican (even more so with Gold, but that pushes it over $400) along with some basic commentary sets: BST OT and Feasting on the Word.  The Orthodox packages have various iterations of Church Fathers material, from the "Popular Patristics" to the Ancient Christian Writers.  Obviously Bronze offerings are pared wayyy down but still some decent books.  I am very interested in gaining from their spiritual/devotionally focused books.  It's a Christian tradition on the opposite spectrum of my own and I find it gives added depth to me.  Orthodox Silver puts it over $400 which is a tad much for me at this time.

I also was interested in the Priscilla Papers in the M/W package and their higher packages have terrific Commentary sets.  But even though the value is great, the price is too steep.

Still deliberating...

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:14 PM

Remember, with a Silver you get the free ME course ($300).

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:20 PM

Dale E Heath:

Remember, with a Silver you get the free ME course ($300).

Silver is also the lowest level that gives you the Full Feature set.

Page 4 of 7 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS