Which package (v8) excites you most?

Page 6 of 7 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 125 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 4:19 PM

DAL:

I thought a blog post stated that NICOT/NT was included in collectors and above, but I can’t seem to find it.  Not that I’m buying or anything.

DAL

It is Standard Collector's Edition and would therefore be in Ultimate as well.

(The RH column is Collector's Edition.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 49
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 4:29 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Caveat: concur with mortgage humor since my order history total is a bit less than amount paid for my house so wallet has cried Crying many times.

Thank you for sharing. Guess I'm not the only one whose library has grown larger than anticipated. I'm also very thankful for the incredible resources available in Logos. The right tools make the work quicker. Am also thankful for a wife who sees the value in having good resources and the willingness to sacrifice to get them.

Thank you Logos for your commitment to providing the resources that help us communicate the message of God's Word.

Gratefully,

Daniel Bender

Posts 207
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 4:35 PM

Went from Logos 7 Collector's to Logos 8 Ultimate and love it.

Posts 676
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 5:12 PM

DAL:

I thought a blog post stated that NICOT/NT was included in collectors and above, but I can’t seem to find it.  Not that I’m buying or anything.

DAL

The 48 vol. is. https://www.logos.com/product/125366/new-international-commentary-on-the-old-and-new-testaments

The 51 vol. isn't. https://www.logos.com/product/166721/new-international-commentary-on-the-old-and-new-testaments

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 5:36 PM

Dale E Heath:

DAL:

DAL

The 48 vol. is. https://www.logos.com/product/125366/new-international-commentary-on-the-old-and-new-testaments

The 51 vol. isn't. https://www.logos.com/product/166721/new-international-commentary-on-the-old-and-new-testaments

Maybe next time they can add it to Portfolio Standard L9 BP 

DAL

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 9:53 AM

The inclusion of the Yale edition of The Works of Jonathan Edwards makes Reformed Platinum an attractive offering. The question is whether I will ever read or utilize more than the two-volume Banner of Truth edition that I already have? Maybe . . . still, that package becomes a great buy with dynamic pricing. 

I’m to the place where packages often have so much that I will probably never use and yet there are enough new resources that complete a set that I use or resources that I would like to use that it can make the package a worthwhile investment. Still, there’s not much that I really need that I don’t have.

If only possessing books increased one’s knowledge and ministry. Smile

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 10:53 AM

Bill Moore:
If only possessing books increased one’s knowledge and ministry. Smile

Amen!  Lord help us...

Posts 790
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 11:55 AM

As a Connect subscriber, I purchased Standard Diamond and Reformed Gold together. Smile

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 11:57 AM

Bill Anderson:

As a Connect subscriber, I purchased Standard Diamond and Reformed Gold together. Smile

Nice!  Very similar to my purchase.  going to be tough for the payments, but will be worth it in the long run I believe.  They are so cheap in the bundles!  Makes me really only look to get books in bundles.

Posts 790
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 12:18 PM

Standard Diamond had the best bang for my buck and bundling Reformed Gold in got me the commentaries in that set I wanted for less than $125.

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2018 5:40 AM

Michael S.:
Very similar to my purchase.  going to be tough for the payments, but will be worth it in the long run I believe.

Im sad, and wanted to share my sadness...

I had to return all my purchases... the finances were not going to work. 

So I keep telling myself, yes, I am missing out on the 25% discount, and all the wonderful books at great low prices... and yes I am missing the discounted pre-pub prices and even a couple of community prices I got, but one day there will be another sale and maybe then I can get them.  Yes the Wipf & Stock sale is going to be missed, but maybe there will be another one some day.  Maybe when v9 rolls out, I will be able to upgrade.  This is what I keep telling myself.  Im struggling to find comfort in that.  I guess I am a product of our consumer society and got hopes up and the sales got me excited, just to have this big let down.  This big disappointment.  Oh to learn the art of contentment (I have a book about that).

This also means, I am having to revert to v7 and resume the payment plan as prior to launch of v8, of which I had 15 months left.  At least I got to use the Canvas tool once to make some handouts for my SS middle school class.  Oh well, no sense dwelling on "what could have been."

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders a moment.  I guess I needed a sympathetic ear.

-Michael

Posts 789
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2018 6:54 AM

I wish I could fix it for you, but I can't. But what I CAN do is be sad with you à la Romans 12:15. And I mean that sincerely.

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2018 10:16 AM

Dale E Heath:

DAL:

DAL

With the BF sale my sales rep managed to get me the 51 vol. NICOT/NT set and other stuff I needed without having to buy Collector‘s that had a lot of stuff I didn’t need. 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2018 10:36 AM

Michael S. I’ve been there before! So don’t be sad, you’re not the only one.  During March Madness 2018 I got NICOT/NT and completed other sets, but ended up returning everything because it was going to be too much for me at that time.

Now, I realize that for almost the same amount I was going to spend in MM2018 I was able to upgrade to several Logos 8 packages and get NICOT/NT and still complete my sets at a better deal (since all were included in the upgrades, which made them cheaper). So don’t dismay, your time will come. Besides, you end up realizing (at least I did) that you’re still able to work with what you have and that sometimes most of the stuff we want we really don’t need.  Which is something I wonder still: Do I really need what I just bought? But hey, I have 30 days to decide, no?

In the end, we’re all blessed with what we have or don’t have 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2018 10:45 AM

Michael S.:

This also means, I am having to revert to v7 and resume the payment plan as prior to launch of v8, of which I had 15 months left.  At least I got to use the Canvas tool once to make some handouts for my SS middle school class.  Oh well, no sense dwelling on "what could have been."

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders a moment.  I guess I needed a sympathetic ear.

-Michael

Besides, L7 is great. Just review all the happy reviews in 2016!

I gave up on the Orthodox Large. Instead, DSS images with sale at A-Company (Logos doesn't sell; only points to). I plan to do handwriting analysis!

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2018 11:42 AM

Denise:

Michael S.:

-Michael

Besides, L7 is great. Just review all the happy reviews in 2016!

I gave up on the Orthodox Large. Instead, DSS images with sale at A-Company (Logos doesn't sell; only points to). I plan to do handwriting analysis!

There’s always Faithlife Connect no library for $99 a year and you still get access to L8’s features 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2018 12:34 PM

DAL:

There’s always Faithlife Connect no library for $99 a year and you still get access to L8’s features 👍😁👌

DAL

I know, logic and Logos seem close, but not. I spend more on weather app subscriptions than Connect. But, there's just nothing like sitting at the Wendy's, eating those funny square hamburgers, and zooming in to examine the tiny indentations from a scribe 4,000 years ago. It's truly not Logos-ical.

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2018 1:44 PM

Denise:

DAL:

DAL

I know, logic and Logos seem close, but not. I spend more on weather app subscriptions than Connect. But, there's just nothing like sitting at the Wendy's, eating those funny square hamburgers, and zooming in to examine the tiny indentations from a scribe 4,000 years ago. It's truly not Logos-ical.

Sorry I meant my comment for Michael S.  

You and I seem to be in the same boat Denise.  For graphics, nothing compares to A graphics.  I recently purchased a new Commentary called “picture the New Testament commentary” which is not completed yet but at the price and with free upgrades until it’s completed it was a steal...especially now that I’m incorporating more visuals in my lessons.

Maybe Logos will offer better graphics with an improved graphics reader feature some time before Logos 10? My sermon editor still lacks the feature I requested when L7 first released; i.e. ability to insert pictures that zoom in and out within the sermon document to be able to present from the screen instead of PPT or Proclaim.  Kind of like what A company offers.  I won’t hold my breath though 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 638
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 9:31 AM

Thanks everyone for your encouragement- I needed it.

Smile

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 7:37 PM

Michael S.:

Thanks everyone for your encouragement- I needed it.

Smile

yeah, I hate when I have to scale back.  been there.  You'll still soon get the L8 engine, though, for free.  So you'll have L8. :)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 6 of 7 (126 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS