Clippings question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 42
Leigh Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:06 PM

What would be the best way to mark a section of a resource when you make a clipping of it?  Would be nice if there was an option to place an icon there as you can with a note,

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 5:01 PM

Leigh Johnson:

What would be the best way to mark a section of a resource when you make a clipping of it?  Would be nice if there was an option to place an icon there as you can with a note,

The only real way to do this, that I know of, would be to actually then make a note/highlight of that section to show that you have clipped it.

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 9:20 PM

Leigh Johnson:
Would be nice if there was an option to place an icon there as you can with a note,

Clippings will eventually be integrated with the new Notes tool, so it seems likely that this could happen automatically.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 786
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 11:54 PM

Dave Hooton:

Leigh Johnson:
Would be nice if there was an option to place an icon there as you can with a note,

Clippings will eventually be integrated with the new Notes tool, so it seems likely that this could happen automatically.

In the meantime, I get this effect by primarily using notes and being in the habit of copying the clipping to the body of the note.  I then add my own comment, if any, to the front so that it will show up while rolling over the note in the original text.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS