Highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:06 AM

There seems to be a problem with the highlighting feature, or I am using it wrong. when I highlight a word and tell it to highlight, it will. But when I highlight a compound word, it will not highlight. And it will not erase a highlight. Am I doing something wrong? 

Posts 22105
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:15 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
But when I highlight a compound word, it will not highlight. And it will not erase a highlight. Am I doing something wrong? 

Both of these are working correctly for me.

Please post some screenshots illustrating the problem.

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:23 AM

Graham Criddle:

Pastor Michael Huffman:
But when I highlight a compound word, it will not highlight. And it will not erase a highlight. Am I doing something wrong? 

Both of these are working correctly for me.

Please post some screenshots illustrating the problem.

Cannot get a screen shot to post. But I am in Romans 9:30-33 and I selected and Highlighted "pursue" and it highlighted fine, but then I highlighted "have attained" and it will not highlight. And when I select "pursue" and his "erase" it will not erase the highlight. Sorry that I cannot do a screen shot. 

Posts 22105
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:33 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
But I am in Romans 9:30-33 and I selected and Highlighted "pursue" and it highlighted fine, but then I highlighted "have attained" and it will not highlight. And when I select "pursue" and his "erase" it will not erase the highlight

When I follow these steps I get the expected results.

If you select "pursue", right-click, ensure the word is selected and choose "remove annotations" does that work?

I'm running on Windows - how about you?

Posts 4688
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:43 AM

If you select "pursue", right-click, ensure the word is selected and choose "remove annotations" does that work?

I'm running on MacOS - how about you?

Also, for the avoidance of doubt, 'Erase' and 'Remove Annotations' both seem to be working for me.

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:43 AM

Graham Criddle:

Pastor Michael Huffman:
But I am in Romans 9:30-33 and I selected and Highlighted "pursue" and it highlighted fine, but then I highlighted "have attained" and it will not highlight. And when I select "pursue" and his "erase" it will not erase the highlight

I'm running on Windows - how about you?

Right now, windows.....but my main computer in my study is a Macbook Pro, do not know how it will respond on that. That did remove the annotation, thanks. But still will not highlight the multiple words. 

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 6:05 AM

Mike Binks:

I'm running on MacOS - how about you?

Also, for the avoidance of doubt, 'Erase' and 'Remove Annotations' both seem to be working for me.

This windows computer will still not highlight multiple words. 

Posts 203
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 7:01 AM

I am using a MacBook Pro on latest Mojave OS. Highlighting Scriptures is not working for me at. all - with no option to "remove annotation" after attempting to highlight, or so I thought. Came back to it later and highlight was there. It seems to be very delayed, particularly in CSB but not in NET...strange.

Posts 9105
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 7:16 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
This windows computer will still not highlight multiple words. 

Michael, wish I could help, but I am on a PC and am not having any trouble with highlighting - adding or removing. So it seems the program works, but somehow not for you. 

Does it fail every place you try to highlight more than one word? Does it fail in every Bible? Does it fail with every highlighting palatte you try?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10
Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 7:28 AM

I seem to be having a related problem since upgrading to Logos 8 which I love by the way.  My highlights don't appear at all until I close the program and reopen it.  It immediately appears on the note document so it is registering, I just can't see it until I close and reopen the program.

Posts 22105
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 8:24 AM

Hi Howard

Sounds like a somewhat different - albeit related - issue.

Please start a new thread so we can try and work out what is going on

Graham

Posts 10
Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 8:42 AM

Thanks a lot Graham.  I had a look on my Surface Book and Surface Pro and it worked fine so I closed the layout on my desktop PC which I had carried over from Logos 7 and started a fresh one and it worked fine.

Posts 22105
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 8:48 AM

Howard:
I closed the layout on my desktop PC which I had carried over from Logos 7 and started a fresh one and it worked fine.

Excellent

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS