Top 5 Courses ~~ Which one?

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 6154
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:30 PM

I'm trying to decide which course to choose for free.  I narrowed it down to 5

1.  Mobile Ed: BI206 New Testament Exegesis: Understanding and Applying the New Testament (14 Hours).

2.  Mobile Ed: BI205 Old Testament Exegesis: Understanding and Applying the Old Testament (15 Hours).

3. Mobile Ed: TH293 Israelology: The Doctrine of Israel (13 Hours).

4. Mobile Ed: CM151 Preparing and Delivering Christ-Centered Sermons I: Foundations and Structures (15 Hours).

5. Mobile Ed: NT305 New Testament Theology (12 Hours).

I own the textbooks for choices 1, 2 and 4.  Which one would you choose.  Or if you have any other good suggestions, I'll gladly consider it.

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:47 PM

Those are all excellent titles.  I went for Mobile Ed: BI206 New Testament Exegesis (14 hour course). 

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:49 PM

I picked up several of the CM15x courses and was appreciative of them. Background: preacher though I may be, I've never had any preaching classes.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1013
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:02 PM

I picked BI205 simply because it was the most expensive course offered and it had been one I had been thinking about. I figured that if I had to buy one of the others later, I'd rather it be one of the less expensive ones. Cool

NT305 is a very good course, BTW. Well presented. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 619
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:59 PM

I have decided I will take #1 as my course.

Posts 1821
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:15 PM

The most expensive & with most hours. 

Posts 1048
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:54 PM

I’m sure CM151 is great, but a lot of Bryan Chapell’s preaching class material is free on the internet. I listened to an iTunes podcast of the class. There’s also https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/course/christ-centered-preaching/#course-introduction, so just make sure you want it that badly in Logos. His book also overlaps quite a bit I believe.

Posts 292
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:32 PM

I thought about going for the most expensive one as well, but I decided to choose the one I really can always use, since the topic is so related to so much of what I study and teach. Mobile Ed: NT202 A Survey of Jewish History and Literature from the Second Temple Period (10 hour course). It covers an incredible amount of sources. I haven't heard this particular teacher, but I don't think I will be disappointed.

Posts 978
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:47 PM

William Gabriel:

I’m sure CM151 is great, but a lot of Bryan Chapell’s preaching class material is free on the internet. I listened to an iTunes podcast of the class. There’s also https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/course/christ-centered-preaching/#course-introduction, so just make sure you want it that badly in Logos. His book also overlaps quite a bit I believe.

Great tip! Thanks!

Posts 633
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:01 PM

Myke Harbuck:

NT305 is a very good course, BTW. Well presented. 

I almost went for that one but ended up getting NT202 (A Survey of Jewish History and Literature from the Second Temple Period) because it's a subject I'm interested in and it's been a course I've been wanting for a long time. I had a preview of it at one point but didn't finish it before the temporary license expired.

Posts 43
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:10 PM

William Gabriel:

Agreed. Used my Connect credit to grab it for awhile and ended up perusing his book a lot more than the actual video content. The Logos added benefit is the additional resources to review at the end of each section - I was able to find many useful insights with them. 

Posts 1013
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:19 PM

Kiyah:

ended up getting NT202 (A Survey of Jewish History and Literature from the Second Temple Period) because it's a subject I'm interested in and it's been a course I've been wanting for a long time. I had a preview of it at one point but didn't finish it before the temporary license expired.

Just finished that a couple months ago. Very good course. Kind of limited in terms of in-depth information, but as a cursory overview it is a good course.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 475
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 6:48 PM

How can you tell which courses apply.  I am looking at upgrading to Platinum.  I chatted with a rep online and he couldn't tell me.  I am interested in CM210 Preaching Narrative Sermons.

Posts 3109
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 7:08 PM

Michael Kinch:
How can you tell which courses apply.

See https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Logos+8+Mobile+Ed+Redeemable+Course+Options

Posts 1406
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 7:31 PM

Any feedback about number 3: the doctrine of Israel 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 6154
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:11 PM

Wild Eagle:

Any feedback about number 3: the doctrine of Israel 

He has a book about it. I’ll buy the book instead 👍😁👌

Posts 475
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2018 7:32 PM

I just upgraded but haven't seen where to choose a course.  Should I receive an email or how does that work?

Posts 3109
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2018 8:34 PM

Michael Kinch:

I just upgraded but haven't seen where to choose a course.  Should I receive an email or how does that work?

See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/174052.aspx

Posts 176
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 23 2018 11:59 PM

Question:  I think I have the monthly Faithlife essentials package.  

I get 2 free ebooks monthly.  But, for the courses I think I get 2 yearly.  However, since I have only been w. Logos for a few months now and have already got my 2 courses, will I still be able to get 2 free courses after the first of the year?

And, I would presume that there is a $$ limit on the courses, no?  

Finally, I am currently taking Hebrew I and Greek II - and have been watching the courses on understanding exegesis of Hebrew & Greek, but, man, it’s pretty pricey.  Would love to be able to get that course!  Any input would be much appreciated!

Posts 21635
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 12:51 AM

Puddin’:
Question:  I think I have the monthly Faithlife essentials package.  

You should be able to see exactly what subscription you have at https://connect.faithlife.com/account/subscriptions 

Puddin’:
But, for the courses I think I get 2 yearly.  However, since I have only been w. Logos for a few months now and have already got my 2 courses, will I still be able to get 2 free courses after the first of the year?

From the FAQ - https://connect.faithlife.com/faq:

"Codes are valid for one year from the time that they are issued and are issued in January, April, July, and October. They may only be used once per user. Once you redeem a Faithlife Courses code, you can access the course for six months."

When was you last code issued?

Puddin’:
And, I would presume that there is a $$ limit on the courses, no?  

Not to the best of my knowledge - but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Puddin’:
and have been watching the courses on understanding exegesis of Hebrew & Greek, but, man, it’s pretty pricey.  Would love to be able to get that course!  Any input would be much appreciated!

Do you mean the courses included in https://www.logos.com/product/117883/mobile-ed-biblical-exegesis-bundle?

If so they seem to be included in the Faithlife Connect offering - as individual courses and not as the bundle.

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS