Top 5 Courses ~~ Which one?

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 928
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 1:51 AM

I have been considering getting Mobile Ed: HB101 Introduction to Biblical Hebrew so I can brush up on my Hebrew, but I think I may get my "daily dose" elsewhere online Wink. I am currently looking at getting Mobile Ed: BI206 New Testament Exegesis: Understanding and Applying the New Testament as my free course. I am hoping there will be several short video clips in it that I will be able to incorporate into Bible classes (thinking specifically about unit 9 and word studies).

Posts 170
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 2:34 AM

Graham Criddle:

Puddin’:
Question:  I think I have the monthly Faithlife essentials package.  

You should be able to see exactly what subscription you have at https://connect.faithlife.com/account/subscriptions 

Puddin’:
But, for the courses I think I get 2 yearly.  However, since I have only been w. Logos for a few months now and have already got my 2 courses, will I still be able to get 2 free courses after the first of the year?

From the FAQ - https://connect.faithlife.com/faq:

"Codes are valid for one year from the time that they are issued and are issued in January, April, July, and October. They may only be used once per user. Once you redeem a Faithlife Courses code, you can access the course for six months."

When was you last code issued?

Puddin’:
And, I would presume that there is a $$ limit on the courses, no?  

Not to the best of my knowledge - but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Puddin’:
and have been watching the courses on understanding exegesis of Hebrew & Greek, but, man, it’s pretty pricey.  Would love to be able to get that course!  Any input would be much appreciated!

Do you mean the courses included in https://www.logos.com/product/117883/mobile-ed-biblical-exegesis-bundle?

If so they seem to be included in the Faithlife Connect offering - as individual courses and not as the bundle.

Thank you Graham.  I think my last MobileEd. course was issued in Sept. (2018) from what I can see.  Guess I will just have to wait to see if I am able to redeem a code in Jan.  Would love to get those courses to take Greek and Hebrew to the next level.  

I do indeed have the Faithlife Essentials (appreciate the link).  If I am reading right, it appears that we can only access the MobileEd courses for 6 mos.  I was not aware there was a limit on access.  

Thanks again.

Posts 170
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 2:42 AM

Matthew:

I have been considering getting Mobile Ed: HB101 Introduction to Biblical Hebrew so I can brush up on my Hebrew, but I think I may get my "daily dose" elsewhere online Wink. I am currently looking at getting Mobile Ed: BI206 New Testament Exegesis: Understanding and Applying the New Testament as my free course. I am hoping there will be several short video clips in it that I will be able to incorporate into Bible classes (thinking specifically about unit 9 and word studies).

I get “daily dose” also.  Love it 👍.

Posts 21604
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 2:54 AM

Puddin’:
 If I am reading right, it appears that we can only access the MobileEd courses for 6 mos

That is correct

Posts 515
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 4:08 AM

Hi power users:

This is awesome, I did not even know we could redeem a course.

I went with AP120:

https://www.logos.com/product/54848/mobile-ed-ap120-introducing-covenantal-apologetics-i-foundations

Worldview's relation to systematics has always been an interesting topic, and seems like the course links the two.

Thanks Logos for the offer.

Posts 515
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 12:42 PM

Does anybody know if one can swap courses with other users?

Example: 

If a friend has a course in English, but he can only work with Spanish or Portuguese, can he give me the license to his English course, and then I give him the license of one of my Spanish course?

If that can be done, how is the procedure?

Thanks ahead of time for any guidance on this.

Posts 6124
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 12:47 PM

Hamilton Ramos:

Does anybody know if one can swap courses with other users?

Example: 

If a friend has a course in English, but he can only work with Spanish or Portuguese, can he give me the license to his English course, and then I give him the license of one of my Spanish course?

If that can be done, how is the procedure?

Thanks ahead of time for any guidance on this.

If it’s part of a base package or a bundle you can’t do it. If you bought the course separately, then each of you would have to pay the transfer fee ($20 each) to “swap it,” which is technically called “a license transfer.” Email CS and request a license transfer and they’ll give you instructions on how to do it.

DAL

Posts 515
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 3:54 PM

Thank you DAL. Merry Christmas.

Posts 6124
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 4:45 PM

Hamilton Ramos:

Thank you DAL. Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you too, Hamilton 👍😁👌

Posts 2156
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 24 2018 5:48 PM

I've not yet bought a BP that includes the complimentary course. I'm waiting for my academic discount first. From your list, I like best #3. Arnold Fruchtenbaum seems to be excellent, and by God's grace, he will be my OT professor.

That's the exact reason why I'm not going to choose his course. I'll get his teaching through seminary distance learning instead.

As for my course, I'll probably choose one of the book studies by Craig Keener or Craig Evans. I really appreciate their teaching style, and have gained many insights from their courses that I already own. I believe my choice will be between NT314, NT319, NT317, NT385.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 589
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 12:45 PM

I just got Logos 8. To get the Mobile Ed course, is the redemption code emailed to us? Does it matter if one did a payment plan?

Posts 2910
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 1:41 PM

I am working through Israelology and can highly recommend it. It does follow the textbook very closely, so if you prefer to just read, the text contains all of the content, often nearly word-for-word

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 471
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 1:57 PM

See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/174052.aspx 

it will be in the receipt you received. 

Posts 6124
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 2:08 PM
Jacob Hantla:

I am working through Israelology and can highly recommend it. It does follow the textbook very closely, so if you prefer to just read, the text contains all of the content, often nearly word-for-word

I just bought the textbook for $12.50 on a Twitter DD 👍😁👌 Cheaper this way and was able to get another free course instead. DAL
Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 2:17 PM

I waited and debated and ended up getting New Testament Theology as my free course.

Yesterday Old Testament Theology was released, so I'm satisfied to get both for a $100 total. The NT free and the OT for $100. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 589
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2019 7:13 AM

Keith Pang:

I waited and debated and ended up getting New Testament Theology as my free course.

Yesterday Old Testament Theology was released, so I'm satisfied to get both for a $100 total. The NT free and the OT for $100. 

I saw your post, liked your reasoning, and also picked up NT theology.

Posts 515
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 6:57 AM

Hi Keith, happy New Year:

Have you thought of starting a FL group to share opinions, impressions, questions and the like about Theology as per the OT and NT mob ed courses you mentioned?

Posts 180
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2019 7:43 AM

I acquired deSilva's NT362: Exegetical Study: Letter to the Hebrews. I own all those other courses except TH293 which I am not interested at this time.

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS