Suggestion: Could we have more sub-levels in the workflow editor?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21148
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2018 2:05 AM

I've started to create a workflow for sermon prep based on a template I developed some time ago.

At various points I have three levels of tasks - such as:

1. Exegesis
    1. Getting the text in view
      1. What translation questions do they raise?

And it would be good to reproduce this in the workflow.

But at the moment we just have major and minor steps. 

Could this be expanded to allow more levels of indentation?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 2:47 AM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 697
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 4:43 AM

Yes

HP ENVY x360 Convertible Notebook PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); I7-6500U@2.50GHz; 12GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 694
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:25 AM

Yes

Posts 1467
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:55 AM

I'm in favor of this but after quite a bit of other critical functionality is added (e.g. specifying a resource for the read step, using the key as a parameter in links, multiple notes, specifying commentary collections, etc...)

Posts 68
David Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:57 AM

Yes

Posts 21148
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 8:08 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

I'm in favor of this but after quite a bit of other critical functionality is added (e.g. specifying a resource for the read step, using the key as a parameter in links, multiple notes, specifying commentary collections, etc...)

I think I would agree with thatSmile

Posts 1609
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:13 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Yes yes, I need to break down step 5. Consult Commentaries into my collections and some of those collections need to be inserted into other parts of the workflow - i.e. background commentaries needs to be part of "3.1 Examine the Cultural Context" and https://www.logos.com/product/5321/commentary-on-the-new-testament-use-of-the-old-testament needs to be part of "4. Identify Important Cross Reference

Posts 25576
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 2:20 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

You left out the multiple passages and liturgical date/service key ...and passing a search key to the search should be fairly high.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS