Oh the sale...

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2805
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2018 3:37 AM

I'm having great difficulties to decide which resources to pick. It's just overwhelming this month.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Live&sort=savings&pageSize=60&Specials=On+Sale&unlocked=no

There's also the question whether to buy more BPs with items from my wish list, or books from the November sale.

Note to self: set a budget, then do the shopping.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 2337
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 3:59 AM

That's just outrageous-ly GOOD!

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 4:16 AM

That's a shockingly good selection. Just wonderful.

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 4:40 AM

It is very good, especially for fans of Wipf & Stock.

I found that the "View All Resources" link at the bottom of the Publisher Spotlight page didn't actually show me all the sale items (and showed me quite a few that weren't on sale).

A much better link for Wipf & Stock is: https://www.logos.com/products/search?Publisher=Wipf+%26+Stock&unlocked=no&Status=Live&q=price%3A%5B4.99+TO+4.99%5D&start=0&sort=bestselling&pageSize=60 

Posts 1318
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 4:50 AM

GaoLu:

That's just outrageous-ly GOOD!

Wow! Why did they have to have this particular sale this particular month?

G. Aulen's Faith of the Christian Church is available for $5. I didn't even know it was in Logos.

Lots of good stuff especially for our Lutheran brothers & sisters. Might complicate the best strategy for buying a Lutheran base package...

Posts 1831
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:21 AM

Pretty sure I picked up the Aulen volumes in a Lutheran base package at some time, but can't say when exactly that was.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 1977
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:39 AM

I think these should've been included in the BPs instead of stuffing Classic stuffs. But then again, it's part of business marketing tactics. 

And after buying Ultimate, I feel guilty browsing this sale. Zip it!

Posts 2805
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:43 AM

I started stuffing my cart, and then removed everything again when I looked at the total.

Let's pray for wisdom for each other.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 5506
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:50 AM

Mark Barnes:

It is very good, especially for fans of Wipf & Stock.

I found that the "View All Resources" link at the bottom of the Publisher Spotlight page didn't actually show me all the sale items (and showed me quite a few that weren't on sale).

A much better link for Wipf & Stock is: https://www.logos.com/products/search?Publisher=Wipf+%26+Stock&unlocked=no&Status=Live&q=price%3A%5B4.99+TO+4.99%5D&start=0&sort=bestselling&pageSize=60 

Don't forget Cascade!

https://www.logos.com/products/search?unlocked=no&Status=Live&q=price%3a%5b4.99+TO+4.99%5d&sort=savings&pageSize=60&Publisher=Cascade

Posts 1977
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 5:54 AM

W&F has better list me thinks

Posts 1612
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:10 AM

Jan Krohn:

I started stuffing my cart, and then removed everything again when I looked at the total.

Having similar problem! I've put them all in "Saved for later" for now so I can take time to review.

Does anyone have experience of these volumes?

https://www.logos.com/product/158001/systematic-theology-biblical-historical-and-evangelical-volume-1

https://www.logos.com/product/158002/systematic-theology-biblical-historical-and-evangelical-volume-2

Grudem would be my go to systemic theology, but he doesn't even refer to James Garrett in his bibliography.

Posts 1977
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:31 AM

Looks good..

link 

Posts 663
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:33 AM

Jan Krohn:

Ah yes!  Please!  I pulled the trigger last night for Standard Diamond and Reformed Platinum... and this morning I am having serious buyer's remorse... not for the resources of course, but for the payment plan!  It is what my first car's monthly payment was for (granted a few less months, but still).

I hate the thought, but I am really having to ask myself- "Do I NEED this right now?"  Then the little voice, but you are only paying a little over a dollar per resource...

AGH!!

Prayer desperately needed.

Posts 4614
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:38 AM

Anyone have any experience w/ Cyril Barber?  I grabbed the the Samuel and Kings volumes because I love history!

Posts 663
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:40 AM

Paul Caneparo:
Does anyone have experience of these volumes?

These are included in his full 2 volume Systematic Theology.  William Hendrickson said, 

Garrett has provided a massive and scholarly systematic theology from a thoroughly conservative and comprehensive viewpoint. The work is well documented in both biblical and historical scholarship and will prove to be a classic.

—William Hendrickson, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary

Posts 2337
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:44 AM

Jan Krohn:

Pray for wisdom for each other.  That's a deal.  Pray for my wife too.  She was looking over my shoulder at my cart and I had to explain that I wasn't really going to buy all that.  She laughed nervously and said, "Oh, of course, I knew that, Honey." 

Actually, I was kind of hoping....

Posts 1612
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:48 AM

GaoLu:

Jan Krohn:

Pray for wisdom for each other.  That's a deal.  Pray for my wife too.  She was looking over my shoulder at my cart and I had to explain that I wasn't really going to buy all that.  She laughed nervously and said, "Oh, of course, I knew that, Honey." 

I go into a quiet room on the first of the month to avoid those questions!

Posts 663
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:57 AM

GaoLu:

Jan Krohn:

I can completely sympathize with this!  Only thing is, I cant even let my wife look over my shoulder when I do that because she is like the Claims Manager at a large insurance company reviewing a first time claim... her initial, automatic response is ALWAYS- "No"

Posts 663
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:58 AM

Paul Caneparo:
I go into a quiet room on the first of the month to avoid those questions!

LOL!  

I never thought of these forums as a support group, but definitely see the need!

"Hi, my name is Michael, and I am a book-a-holic, and my wife does not understand."

Posts 44
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 8:03 AM

GaoLu:

Jan Krohn:

I had the same thing happen with the Ultimate BP in my cart :) If only the $1 per resource line worked all the time...

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS