Logos needs to take advantage of the new iPad Pro

Page 4 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 72 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 2
Steve Hull | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2019 12:58 PM

I have been using the iPad pro 12.9 since February. I regularly write my sermons using Logos on the iPad. I need to use the web app to do so (which is not ideal). I will typically have safari with app.logos loaded in desktop form then i can use the other half of the screen for looking at other books Or notes. Using the app.logos from safari adds some features of the desktop version, but is not necessarily ideal. I still use my computer at times.

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2019 12:27 PM

Steve Hull:

I have been using the iPad pro 12.9 since February. I regularly write my sermons using Logos on the iPad. I need to use the web app to do so (which is not ideal). I will typically have safari with app.logos loaded in desktop form then i can use the other half of the screen for looking at other books Or notes. Using the app.logos from safari adds some features of the desktop version, but is not necessarily ideal. I still use my computer at times.

It looks like PadOS 13 will support having two copies of Logos open on your iPad in separate tabs. 

I really do hope that Logos will put more effort into supporting some of the unique power of the iPad especially the Pencil. I find that the easiest and most pleasurable device to do my reading on is my iPad.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1
Jarred Pettijohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2019 6:00 AM

Any updates to this? I saw where the desktop version now has pen support for notes. 
‘This needs to happen for iOS soon. 

Posts 21
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2019 6:01 AM

Please please please make this happen!

Posts 13
David Franks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2019 5:44 PM

I’m running the PadOS beta on my iPad Pro and I am unable to open two copies of Logos at the same time. I was really looking forward to this and hopefully it will be added soon.

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 3:00 PM

David Franks:

I’m running the PadOS beta on my iPad Pro and I am unable to open two copies of Logos at the same time. I was really looking forward to this and hopefully it will be added soon.

I was looking forward to public release of iOS 13 for iPad on 9/24 so I could run side-by-side. That's not functioning right now? Bummer

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 21
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 7:00 PM

Jarred Pettijohn:

Any updates to this? I saw where the desktop version now has pen support for notes. 

Where does it say it has pen support?

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2019 7:48 PM

Tim Nargi:

Jarred Pettijohn:

Where does it say it has pen support?

I am not aware of any place that it does.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Scott Dyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 9:55 PM

Totally agree. I really hope they update it soon to take advantage of the new multi-tasking. On the old version I could run Logos side by side with other apps but now that doesn't even work. Update soon I hope.

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2019 9:10 PM

David Franks:

As a workaround that has always been able to work, you can open Logos and then one of their other apps (like Faithlife Study Bible or Faithlife eBooks) in another side-by-side window. This way you can run two separate, slightly different versions of the app simultaneously. 

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 22006
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2019 2:07 AM

Scott Dyer:

Totally agree. I really hope they update it soon to take advantage of the new multi-tasking. On the old version I could run Logos side by side with other apps but now that doesn't even work. Update soon I hope.

This is working for me - are you still having problems with it?

Posts 2285
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 4:40 PM

I am considering getting one of the new iPads, Do you think it's got enough juice to run two copies of Logos or does one need the Pro to make it fly?

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 21
Tim Nargi | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 4:42 PM

I don’t think you can run two logos instances side by side yet. 

just give me Pencil support please!!

Page 4 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS