Logos 8 - Highlighting/Note issues?

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 298
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:15 PM

Mark Barnes:

Vincent Chia:

I have uploaded the screencast to Youtube, and here is the link. The uploading doesn't seem to be working in this forum.

https://youtu.be/7S2EjgE4I_A

If I've understood the video correctly, you're saying that the highlighting isn't showing up, even though you've highlighted it three times, and there's no note indicator. The most likely cause of this is that the visual filter for that palette isn't turned on. Can you check that?

Dear Mark, 

This problem does not immediately appear when I start Logos 8. Usually after about 10 minutes of usage, the same cycle of issue begins.

Mark, you have described the problem accurately. The "missing highlights" will appear if I close the application and reopen it. The palette is OK. 

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 298
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:18 PM

Graham Criddle:

Thanks

It looks to me as though the note is appearing correctly at the end of the video. Is it not appearing earlier?

Its not very easy to make out I’m afraid

I am sorry for the size and quality of the video. If I can upload the video to this forum, it might be better. Thank you. 

Director

Singapore

Posts 298
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 6:29 AM

Bump

Director

Singapore

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 9:56 AM

Sorry for the trouble, Vincent. We're working on an issue that can cause this when you have multiple copies of the same resource open. Does the problem go away if you close other tabs showing the same resource you're trying to highlight? We're working on this now and hope to have it resolved soon.

Posts 2326
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 2:28 PM

Vincent Chia:

Dear Sir,

I notice an issue after the Logos 8 update.

Whenever I highlight a text, sometimes the highlight doesn't appear immediately. I have to close the application, and re-open Logos to see the highlight.

I also notice that when adding a "note" (right click, then add note), the same issue occur. The "note" doesn't appear immediately. I have to close the application, and re-open it to see the note (then there will be a little icon to indicate that the note has been added).

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Any help from FL would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This has been fixed in 8.0 SR-1.

Posts 10
Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 8:38 PM

Awesome, my issue is fixed, thank you!

Posts 298
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 4:56 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Vincent Chia:

Dear Sir,

I notice an issue after the Logos 8 update.

Whenever I highlight a text, sometimes the highlight doesn't appear immediately. I have to close the application, and re-open Logos to see the highlight.

I also notice that when adding a "note" (right click, then add note), the same issue occur. The "note" doesn't appear immediately. I have to close the application, and re-open it to see the note (then there will be a little icon to indicate that the note has been added).

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Any help from FL would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This has been fixed in 8.0 SR-1.

Thank you!

Director

Singapore

Posts 11
Houseonarock | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2018 6:16 PM

That's not the problem. Mine is turned on and new notes do not show up unless the program is restarted.

Posts 11
Houseonarock | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2018 6:18 PM

Yes me!

Posts 1682
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 12:00 AM

Houseonarock:
That's not the problem.

What exactly are you referring to?

If you have a different problem, you'll be better off starting a new thread. If you're replying to something specific in a thread, you can quote that (like I've done for just now), by using the "Reply" button rather than the "quick reply". You can then select a portion of text or choose to quote the entire post if that makes sense.

Posts 13066
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:32 AM

Reuben Helmuth:
What exactly are you referring to?

If you click the "Replied:" hyperlink (the on next to the time of the post), it will take you to the post that Houseonarock was referring to (unless it's at the very bottom of the page). But I agree, it's much clearer if the text is quoted.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS