Prayer list - not functional for many

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 43
John A. Murphy, Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2018 9:31 AM

Our church is a praying group of people! I love it. We share our joys, frustrations, burdens and praises. And, we see answers. I'm trying to find a good way to use the prayer lists in LOGOS. Currently it is basically unusable for me. I categorize prayers by the people for which I'm praying them. But each person doesn't have one simple prayer they have a list of things they've asked me to pray for. 

For instance - our Men's Group (Names changed)

Bob

• Looking for a new job
  • Wants to be husband God has called him to be
  • Healing of foot
  • Daughter buying new home - that it would go well.

Jim

• Wife just diagnosed with Cancer - prayers for healing
  • Working on selling some land - that it would go smoothly

Kyle

• Service Dog's health - he's dependent upon him and needs dog to be reliable. Prayers for healing.
  • Finances - needs to put new roof on house.

Each bullet is a prayer request. If I put in the answered column any of the specific prayers for an individual they are ALL listed as answered and moved to the answerred group below. Currently the only way to keep each prayer separate is to put each individual as a separate prayer list - that would be way to cumbersome for this pastor.

I don't know how others are using the prayer list but I would love to be able to use this feature in a more functional way. I'd be open to hearing how others make this functional. I end up having multiple lists in my cell phone notes that I keep track of there rather than in LOGOS.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 4:52 PM

I've given up on the prayer list - I can't accept that everything gets a single, complete answer and then disappears .... Until the comments are completely divorced from "completely status", I'm not really willing to retry them ... Okay, I do use them for set Advent prayers but that was set up years ago.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS