Info Popups when Hovering over Tab

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 465
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2018 10:48 AM

Does anyone know how to get rid of this popup, which happens any time you hover over a tab? When teaching sometimes I have the text very large, and if I hover over that pop up takes up a huge chunk of the screen. It's just not very elegant. Is there a way to keep these from happening?

Posts 105
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 11:59 AM

Does it go away if you move your cursor away from the tab or does it just remain? Is the problem that you want to be able to hover over the tab without the popup appearing, or that you cannot get rid of the popup once it appears even if you move your cursor away?

Posts 12939
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 12:16 PM

Brian W. Davidson:
Does anyone know how to get rid of this popup, which happens any time you hover over a tab? When teaching sometimes I have the text very large, and if I hover over that pop up takes up a huge chunk of the screen.

You can't disable it. But if you only want one panel to display, pressing F11 removes all the extraneous UI and just shows the content.

Posts 304
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 1:31 PM

Brian, this is by design. What are you wanting it to do when you hover on the tab?

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 465
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2018 2:39 PM

I would really like it if nothing happened when I hover over a tab. When the text of the resource is set to a large size, accidentally resting my cursor there creates a huge pop up that covers some of the text. (In the pic above, I don’t have the resource text very large.) If I move the cursor it goes away, but I find that I encounter this multiple times during a talk and it’s just a little annoying, that’s all.

Posts 4519
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 9:45 AM

Brian W. Davidson:
I would really like it if nothing happened when I hover over a tab. When the text of the resource is set to a large size, accidentally resting my cursor there creates a huge pop up that covers some of the text. (In the pic above, I don’t have the resource text very large.) If I move the cursor it goes away, but I find that I encounter this multiple times during a talk and it’s just a little annoying, that’s all.

Brian

I would just like to confirm that all suggestions for program changes are welcome in these forums.

Even though the program is working the way it should, the way it should is not always the best way.

Actually I would quite it to work the way you suggest with the panel only opening on a click.

Posts 4519
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 10:33 AM

David Paul:
WHY WAS MY COMMENT DELETED FROM THIS THREAD???

I imagine it was deleted because it pretty much consisted of a personal attack on a customer of Faithlife rather than offering any real help in making use of the software.

I was personally horrified to find this level of venom directed at a user.

Every user is entitled to use these forum for making suggestions - and every user is entitled to demur from the suggestion.

I would like to see the rest of your post the first line of which I have quoted above deleted also – if you have a grip with Logos it is perfectly acceptable to start a new thread. The OP does not deserve to be dragged into that discussion.

Posts 12939
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 11:32 AM

David Paul:
WHY WAS MY COMMENT DELETED FROM THIS THREAD???

I reported both your posts for moderation (and probably others did as well) because they both contained a completely unprovoked and unnecessary personal attack on another Logos user. Faithlife are incredibly tolerant of posts on these forums, and apart from spam almost nothing gets deleted — even posts that accuse Faithlife of dishonesty and worse are left in place. But ad hominem attacks on other users absolutely cross a line.

I'm sure that if you repost your complaints about Logos' notes without attacking other users, your post will be allowed to remain.

Posts 17685
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 11:59 AM

Mark Barnes:
But ad hominem attacks on other users absolutely cross a line.

+1 for reporting abuse to Faithlife while remembering a thread from years ago, which was deleted by Faithlife with analogy of removing a customer from premises who was SCREAMING at other customer(s).

Thankful for Faithlife desiring dialogue with customers, especially about what can be improved plus what is annoying. Logos 8 Beta testing included several lively discussions so am looking forward to a number of improvements in upcoming releases.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 17685
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 3:38 PM

Brian W. Davidson:
Does anyone know how to get rid of this popup, which happens any time you hover over a tab?

Dreaming of Program Setting for "Show Information Tool Tips" to be expanded for Tab pop-up. When set to No. then no pop-up.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS