Mobile Ed Courses/Content in Passage Guide

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 292
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2018 10:43 AM

Hey... Can Faithlife look into better supporting the inclusion of Mobile Ed Course Content into the Passage Guide? For example, I have Sklar's Leviticus course and Jipp's Colossians and Campbell's Colossians course. When I run the Passage Guide they don't show up at all, nor do other courses with serious content related to any requested passage in the Passage Guide.

Now, on occasion, I do see a stray course show up under Media Resources or Media Content.  For example, I do see a course mentioning discipleship (For Colossians 3), but where is Jipp's detailed step through Colossians Chapter 3 or Campbell's Colossians Mobile Ed content?

Thanks!

Posts 2046
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 11:56 AM

If you create a collection that has the courses you want covered and then add that collection to the PG, it will show everyplace the verse or pericope are mentioned.

Here are some steps:

Create the collection, note I have my Mobile Ed courses tagged as Mobile Ed. You may need to move them into the collection.

EDIT: you should be able to use the formula type:"courseware textbook" to get the collection to populate.

Open a PG and click on add and select collection:

Open the new section and click on settings to chose the collection for Mobile Ed:

Here is an example using 1 John 1:1-4

Posts 7676
LogosEmployee

John Fidel:

Create the collection, note I have my Mobile Ed courses tagged as Mobile Ed. You may need to move them into the collection.

You can use the query “type:courseware” to automatically include all Mobile Ed courses in your collection without having to tag them all.

Posts 292
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 8:51 PM

Hey John, Thanks. Will take a look.

FL... With many Mobile Ed Courses hardly connected to the Passage Guide, and elsewhere, please dedicate some time on this. Thx.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS